Fargo

Captain Colonial

Anybody else been watching Fargo? Have to say this second series (which ends next Monday) has been some of the best TV I've seen this year. I hope it gets repeated as I'd watch it all again. Highly recommended.

My favourite dialogue so far in the series, when the bad guy Mike is having a showdown at gunpoint with Highway Patrolman Lou:

Mike Milligan: I like you. I met another fella from Minnesota yesterday. A big guy. Sheriff, I think. I liked him too.

Lou Solverson: We're very friendly people.

Mike Milligan: No, that's not it. Pretty unfriendly, actually. But it's the way you're unfriendly. How you're so polite about it. Like you're doing me a favour. :d

Anyone else enjoying it?

Only seen the original big screen version some years ago, thought it was F a n t a s t i c.  Completely different approach to a film script and dialogue that throws you, never know whats coming next.

Just never got around to watching the TV series. Is it as good as the Film?

Only seen the original big screen version some years ago, thought it was F a n t a s t i c.  Completely different approach to a film script and dialogue that throws you, never know whats coming next.

Just never got around to watching the TV series. Is it as good as the Film?

YES. It's brilliant, in a similar vein but with different characters. Darkly violent and humorous, ripping and enthralling stuff. Episodes fly by. I shall miss it when it finishes. Critics have loved it too.

Yep!

I'll get round to it one day. Currently absorbed by multi episodes of Breaking Bad, Only just started Series 2.

• Like 1

I confess that because I grew up in the 60s and early 70s on the South Dakota / Minnesota border where most of this series is based, much of the laconic dialogue, atmosphere and scenery is absolutely spot on, plus fine acting all round. Soundtrack is excellent as well. My favourite character is either Mike Mulligan or the drunken lawyer, but the whole thing is full of characters.

Not seen that, but if you like it, I'll investigate! :)

I enjoyed the first series and in thriftiest episode or two didn't really gel with this follow up. However it's easily the best to series of 2015 if not longer.

• Like 1