gee_fin

Wireless steering wheel buttons

Kit Car Electronics

Thanks for the interest and votes of confidence, gentlemen.

I'll continue beavering away and update the post on progress - it certainly looks like I'll be joining the exclusive WSCC Traders list soon :)

Just a question though - you mention in your USB "dashboard" post above about programming the indicator cancel time - does this work in place of, or in tandem with, your Blinkstop?

Colin

Here's my current plan:

4 x 10A system - ideal for conversion of existing 4-button wired wheel

Configure as a 'steering button follower', but I'd program the relay channels during assembly as either momentary or latching on your request. This could be used with an existing BlinkStop/ BeamStop if set to mom. Flash function would still be handled by existing flasher relay.

Ch1 L Indicator (mom or latch(cancelled by Ch2))

Ch2 R Indicator (mom or latch(cancelled by Ch1))

Ch3 Main Beam (mom or latch - used with additional external high current relay(s))

Ch4 Horn (mom - may need external high current relay depending on horn)

No USB configuration

No self-cancelling timer function

8 x 10A system - ideal for complex wheel setup

Will have USB cable fitted to the receiver and will allow user configuration of channels and blink delay. Could be used with an existing BlinkStop/BeamStop if set to mom, or can be programmed to perform the same functions with a brake light sense input and headlight sense input. Flash would be handled by the existing flasher relay.

Ch1 L Indicator (mom or auto BlinkStop integrated function (brake inhibited cancel)

Ch2 R Indicator (ditto)

Ch3 Main Beam (mom or auto BeamStop integrated function (flash or latch with headlight state) - used with additional external high current relay(s))

Ch4 Mom or latch

Ch5 Mom or latch

Ch6 Mom or latch

Ch7 Mom or latch

Ch8 Mom or latch

USB cable included for configuration

I'd give a discount to existing BlinkStop/BeamStop owners who can't resist another upgrade :)

Andy (Sycho)

Great work Mike, good luck.

O & you know I will not be able to resist!

• Like 1

Kit Car Electronics

I've uploaded the 8 channel FreeWheel configuration software here if anyone wants to take a look (pretty dull without anything to attach to it though :)) - would be good to know if it works on anything other than the Windows 10 that we use...

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/blog/13/entry-280-self-cancelling-indicator-blinkstop/ 

• Like 1

Rich8977

Mike

Like your website, get some flyers made for stoneleigh, nearly finished fitting my Blinkstop ready for a test at the weekend

Regards

Rich

• Like 1

Kit Car Electronics

Here is the (semi) final design for the transmitter. It now has soft rubber grommets for the LED and cable to keep the weather out... The only final change to come is a pretty 'FreeWheel' plastic sticker...

It should be easy to Velcro to the back of a wheel.

2b20a041-fff5-4900-bc67-a69bc6321707_zpszanefnxe.thumb.jpg.5ffddd6bbdf197d2f92e95f9bf160d1f.jpg

• Like 4

kmd1154

Can't begin to say how impressed I am by this. I'm a great admirer of skill and the detail & workmanship here is fantastic.

• Like 1

Kit Car Electronics

Thanks for the compliments :)

I've just upgraded my membership (another symptom of upgradeitus!) to Trader, so I'm now 'officially' hawking my wares...

• Like 2

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Thanks for the compliments :)

I've just upgraded my membership (another symptom of upgradeitus!) to Trader, so I'm now 'officially' hawking my wares...

Hawk away! and on Piston Heads, North West Kit Car Owners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/trevornwkcg/, etc.....

Kit Car Electronics

Very brief update - the stickers arrived :)

IMG_20160212_070248124_zpsc6jneyjt.jpg

• Like 2

jonjh1964

Very impressive - can't wait to fit mine

Kit Car Electronics

The first 8 channel receiver is finished and testing:

2b7775eb-24e8-40a3-bd39-8615692f1226_zpsbwans8di.jpg.9e9cd35a2d54bb972b0615ba77afae52.jpg

It's a modular design, so if I ever add extra features, any FreeWheel should be easily upgradeable  :)

I'm also 4 weeks into a Transmitter battery test with no significant battery drain, so looking really good there, too. 

• Like 2

Delboy

How does the system discriminate between other units?

Kit Car Electronics

Each transmitter and receiver pair are programmed with a unique 5 character ID that is broadcast at the start of each transmission, so they won't confuse one another when I've sold one to everyone at Stoneleigh :)

• Like 1

Kit Car Electronics

By the time I've made 2^40 units (1.1 Billion), I think I'll be past caring  :d