Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

At the mo there are plenty of pitches available close the Nic Chase and Marcus B

Quick update on Area 15.

Our pitch is ONLY accessible by heading to the tall fairground rides and driving up between those and the Jaguar-LandRover display. Marshals will direct you. Beware, it's tight and there is quite a dip to the right as you get the rear of the Jaguar-LandRover display with our gazebo directly in front of you. I've put a couple of barriers there as a marker, hope they stay in place.

Plot 15 is on the banking of the old circuit and adjacent to the end of the Wellington Straight, over the first bridge and left at the roundabout and left again as directed. One of the organisers came over and advised us to leave the space in the corner opposite the gazebo, where we have our tall flag along with the Silverstone Classic flag and our 30th, free until the last minute just in case we or others need a wide turning circle.

The gazebo is tucked away in the corner, thought that'd be the best place, hope you like :) As mentioned earlier, there are balloons to blown up and few more flags to pitched as you see fit. The 6 meter flag will need to planted too - we took down in case it failed overnight, poor old thing.

Enjoy, safe journey, see you Saturday.

• Like 1

HI Andy

Stupid and very late idea!

Do you have any way of showing Westfield S Series and Track day videos in your Gazebo?

Hope to break in on Sunday!

Have a great successful time!

BW

Glutey

Looking forward to Classic - coming tomorrow morning and camping all weekend.

Is it best to drop car off infield Friday morning and leave there until Sunday evening?? Or park in camp site Friday and take infield Saturday? I understand I have to be in before 10 whichever day it is?

Cheers,

Kieren

Entirely up to you really, I'm also going in the morning setting tent up, then going in.

You can move you car after 5pm or leave it there.

See you in the morning.

Andy

HI Andy

Stupid and very late idea!

Do you have any way of showing Westfield S Series and Track day videos in your Gazebo?

Hope to break in on Sunday!

Have a great successful time!

BW

Glutey

No leccy I'm afraid.

Looking forward to Classic - coming tomorrow morning and camping all weekend.

Is it best to drop car off infield Friday morning and leave there until Sunday evening?? Or park in camp site Friday and take infield Saturday? I understand I have to be in before 10 whichever day it is?

Cheers,

Kieren

Essentially, no movement infield between 10:00 and 17:00. The area is secure and patrolled 24x7.

I think I'll end up taking car in on Saturday as I don't fancy getting moving too early tomorrow :-) I'll go straight to camp site in morning to set up first. See you all there :-)

Just arrived on our pitch. All looks good except some has parked a classic fiat mirafiori on the stand!

• Like 1

Just arrived on our pitch. All looks good except some has parked a classic fiat mirafiori on the stand!

:o  Still, nice motor all the same. If you see a chap in a hi-vis with "Goose" on it, tell them and they may be able to get it moved, it should be right in the far corner of the banking to the front of the Jag display according to the plan.

:o  Still, nice motor all the same. If you see a chap in a hi-vis with "Goose" on it, tell them and they may be able to get it moved, it should be right in the far corner of the banking to the front of the Jag display according to the plan.

Correct - open the orange and green map PDF in the bottom of this post - he should be well away from us.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/116779-silverstone-classic-2016-info-discussion-please-read/?p=1268466

No need in the end, slasher went and had a quiet word in his shell like, he'd gone before slasher had cycled back to the gazebo!

It's the way I tell em' ;)

It's the way I tell em' ;)

Yeah - when Slasher tells you to f*** off, you stay f***ed off! :d

• Like 1