Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

I have a Gopro on a 8 foot selfiestick.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the rules re cameras are for the parade lap, I've got an action cam with roll bar mount but I've also got a Olympus Tough point and shoot type camera with good video capabilities and I was wondering what the options may be to use that aswell. I've got a suction mount and one of the stick on mounts that I could use.

GOOD QUESTION!

ANYONE KNOW?

I have gopro on solid mount.

But thought Wendz might use the camera.

I would err on the side of caution and prepare to treat such things as you would on a track day (solid mounts, no trailing wires, etc). I'm sure there will be further advice from the organisers / marshals on the day too.

Passengers using cameras are OK, I did it, GoPros should be fine too.

I was juggling 2 cameras and a video on the Cobra laps, so I didn't see too much of the track apart from through a view finder.

Whilst I'm here, a bit of info/reiteration re Area 15, our infield spot.

I'm heading over tomorrow afternoon / evening to set-up a gazebo, table and a couple of chairs along with helium tank and the remaining 30th balloons. I'll also plant a few 30th feather flags. I WILL NOT be around Friday (or Sunday day time), but I know a lot of you will so please...

Do keep an eye on our stuff, park up as directed by the marshals or failing that as you think best, make use of the gazebo, table and chairs, if you feel the need, re-plant the feather flags, blow up a few balloons (making sure they do not float off!), enjoy yourselves :)

As said before, this is not a thing where I or anyone else is supposed to set-up, run or manage, but I'm happy to fill a gazebo with WSCC stuff that we can all use to publicise the Club. If you feel the need to hang around and chat / help others, it would be much appreciated and there should be stock of canned drinks for you.

30th Tees will be dropped off Friday afternoon, again, if anyone is around to help, great. Please... treat these with respect, many Members who missed Stoneleigh and Blyton are coming to Silverstone across the entire weekend and will be most disappointed not be able to pick one up, the remainder will be packed off to the AOs for local distribution later. I'll aim to be around as much as possible on Saturday to help see fair play, your help and understanding whilst I'm not around would be appreciated.

Above all have fun, come find me on Saturday and tell me where not to spend my money and where the best sights are...!

Thanks all  :t-up:  :love:

• Like 2

Andy! The vehicle pass you sent me only appears to be valid for befor 9:30 or after 17:00 so I was looking to deliver the t's before 9 friday. Will there be any one on the club area to receive them?

Del

Andy! The vehicle pass you sent me only appears to be valid for befor 9:30 or after 17:00 so I was looking to deliver the t's before 9 friday. Will there be any one on the club area to receive them?

Del

Del, I'll give you a ring and will take some details and sort it out tomorrow.

Hello all

Please view the attached maps showing where all the car clubs, events, music venue etc. are located - you may wish to save or print them, or bookmark this and open it while you're at Silverstone. We're in the green area with 82 spaces, right in the middle of things (the benefits of signing up on Day One!).

Have a very safe trip there and a fabulous time! :t-up:

• Like 1

Thanks Boss.

Big version of our spot below. Given that we may have up 85 cars and a small gazebo and from the plans 82 spaces, parking may be tight! Of course we'll need to follow the marshals instructions but otherwise suggest first to arrive park as close the gazebo as possible and spread out from there...

plot15.gif

We are here all set up and the banner is out.

• Like 2

Nice one Slasher! :t-up::cool:

see you tomorrow chaps - camera all packed :-)

Nice one Paul.

I'll be there about 8 and try to find you.

Close to our pitch there are a couple of white rose Yorkshire flags both with chequered flags on as well find them and you will find us. It's just through the campsite entrance about 4 rows along on your left at the far end.