Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

Anyone seen an entry list yet? In particular group c & 90s Endurance race

The group c are always great to watch, but I'm looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the CanAm cars!!

Gary

From my OP:

"The full line-up for 2016 will be announced in due course but previous acts have included Status Quo, Paul Young, Bonnie Tyler, Canned Heat, The Hollies, Stars From The Commitments, Adam Ant, Mike and the Mechanics, Suzi Quattro, 10CC, Wishbone Ash, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Santana and Pussycat Dolls, plus plenty of tribute bands to some of rock’s greatest bands."

I think you missed the underlined part!  But I'll give them a bell and see what I can do. :t-up:

you dangled the carrot Scott  :d

you dangled the carrot Scott  :d

Luckily for me, you were hungry. :d

Anyone seen an entry list yet? In particular group c & 90s Endurance race

There is a full list on the silverstone website.

• Like 1

A few photos from 2012,

SilverstoneClassic103.jpg

SilverstoneClassic096.jpg

SilverstoneClassic094.jpg

Adam and the Ants.

SilverstoneClassic078.jpg

SilverstoneClassic073.jpg

SilverstoneClassic070.jpg

The Cobra parade lap.

• Like 1

There is a full list on the silverstone website.

I have got to be blind? Where abouts?

Are most people going to leave their Westfield infield overnight after the parade lap?

I am just trying to work out how to do things with camping, driving the westfield to the show, pitching the tent, getting back to the tent at night etc......

I am also considering popping up Friday night to pitch the tent to save some time/hassle trying to do it Saturday morning before having to get infield by 9.30

Are most people going to leave their Westfield infield overnight after the parade lap?

I would have thought the hassle is less to leave cars infield for whole time, as I expect traffic will not be good in mornings especially.

I believe it was said on one of the threads that it was 'secure'? ??? Whatever that means? ???

I've left my MG's on the infield most years and never had a problem, there are hundreds of cars there overnight. There are queues to get in with a car around 08:30 to 09:30 but usually not bad after that.

Anyone coming with an ali pre lit?

Cheers

Gary

Anyone coming with an ali pre lit?

The longest serving member of the club, David Jenkins, will be there with his pre-lit leading the parade lap on Saturday evening, which looks like an ali body to me - check page 44 of the 30th anniversary mag.

I'll leave mine infield over the Friday night I suspect, but not the Saturday; not sure what time I'll head off Sunday, but don't want to be stuck infield under the no vehicle movements rule. Just gives me a bit more freedom to get away.

Yes, after 9 years off the road, all back working again. The ali was treated to some Autosol yesterday and sort of shining! Car now in "Parc fermé" in my garage - all set for the big day on Saturday

• Like 3

Anyone know what the rules re cameras are for the parade lap, I've got an action cam with roll bar mount but I've also got a Olympus Tough point and shoot type camera with good video capabilities and I was wondering what the options may be to use that aswell. I've got a suction mount and one of the stick on mounts that I could use.