Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

Ah there should be a car club infield display instructions one to.

Did you fill out your car details when you brought the tickets?

Yep! Anyone know who I need to contact to sort this out?

On your last email there is web address & a order reference, that might be worth a try.

So, this "infield" malarkey....

I understand that we need to be there Saturday morning to be able to do the parade lap later, but do the cars stay there overnight or is it all out and back to parking area?

And as for parking, is that in a big wadgy car park or next to your own tent?

Tickets come.

The tickets say camping from Thursday and event from Friday.

I assume you can get in on Thursday to set up/look around?

Camping tickets say campsite open early morning on Thursday, but event leaflet says event gates open from 7.30am Friday

You can leave your car in the circuit overnight, or take it back to the campsite.

As far as I know. Cars for the Parade Lap MUST be on the infield first thing Saturday. The location will be made known to Scott and I later this week (so the organisers say). I will then publish all the info you need. If you are trailering your Westfield (as it's not road legal) then please let me know and I'll ask the question.

• Like 1

When you get your tickets, you also get an green Display Vehicle Pass which makes it all very clear.  We go in via Entrance 5 (the main gates) and follow the signs to Zone 15, where the club stand will be.  This is right next door to Parade Assembly Area 1, which I assume we will use for our parade lap on Saturday evening at 7:00 (between races).  There's a map on the back of the Display Vehicle Pass that shows everything.

As has been said many, many times, you need to be on the stand by 10:00 - I thoroughly recommend you are at the main gates by 9:30 to avoid disappointment.

NOTE: There is a 20 mph speed limit within the grounds - please stick to it!

Sorry I know someone as already asked this , but I can't find the post  :down: .

Do we need helmets for the parade lap?.

As we're not going to be driving like nutters, I hope the regulations governance monkeys have allowed no helmets

I did a parade lap in 2012 with a mate in a cobra, the driver signed a disclaimer, we both had wristbands, no helmets and were told 3 abreast and 40 mph.

We touched 100 on hanger straight.

• No helmets required (unless you want to). Speeds will be "low" "initially"
  • You should have green ticket for infield parking with your admission ticket(s)
  • You should have a map and instructions with your admission ticket(s)
  • Infield parking is Zone 15 - Main entrance, across the roundabout, over the bridge, turn left, carry on bearing right past 16 and 17, we will be on the left. It will be signposted and there will be marshalls to direct you so display you green ticket at all times (yep even without a windscreen)
  • Parade assembly appears to be right next door to us 
  • Arrive at main gate no later than 09:30 Saturday
  • You MUST be on the infield by 10:00
  • There will no movement of cars until 17:00
  • The parade lap for us is 19:00 I believe
  • You are welcome to leave your car in Zone 15 over night / over the weekend as there is 24hr security
  • Parking in and around the free public car parks is available for cars and trailers
  • I'm not sure there is enough room in camping areas for parking, but as above, cars will perfectly safe on the infield

NOTE: If you need to trailer your car onto the infield, can you let me know soonest as I understand you'll need a "restricted infield pass" to get your car in and out

• Like 2