Parking Charges

Ian Podmore

Another case of Judges being completely out of touch with the average bloke.

If it costs x amount per hour, then surely x + reasonable admin charges would appear to be reasonable.  Perhaps the majority of the £85 was the admin side of things????

I had this happen to me a few years back whilst parked in a private Tesco carpark.  The parking "firm" alleged I was parking illegally (I wasn't completely in a bay, but for good reason).  Once I'd read up on the legal side of things concerning private car parks I wrote and told them to stuff it.  Never ever heard about it again....!

Maybe the judges are confusing parking costs with legal fees, gauged at 6 minute intervals and at least £20 per interval so parking for a basic solicitor on £200/hour is peanuts when that costs £85. Then you go to London and add a fudge factor of another 30%. I took the Tesco parking agent to my MP and he sorted it out before he sadly passed away.

Bob :)

Parking Eye are Satans a**e gravy. Have had run in's with them before. Last Wednesday needed to get my Mum blue lighted into Macclesfield General Hospital, I followed behind in the truck.

Booked in at 1.20pm and out at 10.50pm, for which the Parking Eye charging system now in operation at the hospital wanted nearly £10 in fees. Paid up, because I can't face another two or three year battle with them. 

When did did it come to this though, that we should permit ourselves to be gouged at every opportunity.

This latest and the law that meant they could go after the registered keeper regardless closes off all loop holes and hope. Before the registered keep change came in you could just tell them it wasn't you and there was nothing they could do.

Now they can do what they like and this case has set a precedent at the highest level on the extortionate charges.

It is so wrong.

• Like 1

I fully agree that in a lot of cases people decide to abandon there cars wherever it suits them. But for hospitals as long as the spaces are taken by visitors and genuine users it should be absolutely free. For people parking in them as a convenience I would tow their cars away as they are depriving genuine cases from free hospital parking.

We are now suffering from the multiple cars parked on roads as its inconvenient to get the first car in, out first, well tough learn a bit of social grace and stop blocking the emergency services access to maybe one of our kids/parents who needs them. Full car parks at the gyms and leisure centres, try walking, biking or running or is it the social bit they want over the exercise bit, think so.

Another taxation on the sick and families of the sick, immoral. How come they manage it is Wales and Scotland.

Bob