Rear light upgrade

matthew902

The Wanderer

rear.jpg

That's what I did. I use the Westfield rear light housings with new defender back lights in white, but without LED. 

I think the classic look fit's the westy best. You need to use silver light gulps for a clean look, also you have to modify the socket a bit.

I also bought some real carbon sheets to laminate the housings this winter. Sadly no one is doing these parts as prepeg or laminated carbon part. I think they would sell real good. :)

Great looking car but unfortunately with the age old mould fault with the right side light mould higher than the left. It's a disgrace really how they did not rectify that fault.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

the lights look great Dave but did you not manage to sort out the wheel offsets ? they still look lost in those arches. It's not another Westfield mould fault is it ?

Those are the wheels off my old car, used for build purposes only.

Great looking car but unfortunately with the age old mould fault with the right side light mould higher than the left. It's a disgrace really how they did not rectify that fault.

Thanks! 

Yeah I've noticed that by surprise, one evening while I was wandering around the car. I thought “nooo that can't be??”, then measured the distance between ground and light housing and was like what the devil.

After I did check some photos in the internet, I saw that this issue is pretty common. :(

I'll try to move the right side down a bit and the left side a bit up this winter to match the height (when I go for the carbon laminating job of the housings).

I’ll also change the license plate holder, as that part is really clumsy.

Andy (Sycho)

It's not just the height it's the angle, the right side looks up into the air a bit which makes it look worse, I trimmed mine down a bit so it sat square with the road.

But it's not just that bodywork if you look at the back of a FW one side is different to the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

THE most expensive rear lights on a Westfield I think...

Two brake/stop lights on each side to give that Nissan Skyline effect.

IMG_20160316_180654_zpsrzl8jcum.jpg

IMG_20160501_103059_zpsuwlpzaug.jpg

IMG_20160501_103052_zpsfmenrpxf.jpg

• Like 5
carbon-nv

Good work Tim, you made a fantastic looking job of those and I know only too well the time and patience needed to do a good skinning job.

• 4 years later...
TwinCam 20V

Where can i buy this white rear glasses for the ZK? I mean this one from the top of this thread...

Thank you

GaryH

My clear lenses are from Playskool motorsport. You may need to adapt the fog and reversing light connectors to use the existing right angle connectors as the space between the lamp and fuel tank is pretty tight.

Gary

IMG_20191002_121401.jpg