Rear light upgrade

matthew902

matthew902

Wanting to update the rear lights on my seiw with fixed arch.

What are my options/what have other people fitted.

Matty

Kit Car Electronics

not everyone's cup of tea, but here's mine (very bright Hella LED's) - just covers the old trailer light holes

IMG_20150703_203111087_HDR_zpsti3grzr_ed

Here are mine. All the LEDs light up the right colours but I preferred the clear look to them all.

20150816_171740.jpg

• Like 1

rear.jpg

That's what I did. I use the Westfield rear light housings with new defender back lights in white, but without LED. 

I think the classic look fit's the westy best. You need to use silver light gulps for a clean look, also you have to modify the socket a bit.

I also bought some real carbon sheets to laminate the housings this winter. Sadly no one is doing these parts as prepeg or laminated carbon part. I think they would sell real good. :)

• Like 2
matthew902

The nas lights in the carbon fibre look pods it what I wanted to use with leds so that I did not need to cut my wheel arches but thought they would not fit seiw with fixed rear arches but would be happy to be told otherwise.

Regards Matty

Andy (Sycho)

I had them on my seiw with detachable arches, I can't see why they wouldn't fit a fix arch car but I sure someone will confirm.

Andy

Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

I also bought some real carbon sheets to laminate the housings this winter. Sadly no one is doing these parts as prepeg or laminated carbon part. I think they would sell real good. :)

Very nice picture I like the nice mix of black, red and clear.

I'm in the process of carbon skinning a pair of these housings. I hope they come out OK as it will be an expensive mistake.

blue ass fly

Ive got fixed arches and fitted modeen style ones from playskool

Bit of a faff as you have to trim where the arch meets the tub

If you search "rear lights" there was a long thread a couple of years ago with a few members doing it over winter

corsechris

I had them on my seiw with detachable arches, I can't see why they wouldn't fit a fix arch car but I sure someone will confirm.

Andy

Sadly, they don't fit. The dimensions are different on the older cars so it's either plastic surgery or use something else. I found out the hard way having bought them from Westfield.

As Steve says, there was an epic thread a while back that among others, covered the mods I did to ours to get some trimmed down PlaysKool pods to fit a fixed arch SEiW. Plenty of really good ideas on that thread for less invasive solutions too.

Here you go....

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/90236-rear-lights/

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

I used clear LEDs in the CF effect housings on mine - didn't like it with clear/reds on the blue bodywork, just seemed like a colour too far, if that makes sense.

IMG_2677.JPG

• Like 1
Aerodynamix Ltd

The fixed arch kit type bodywork is quite different and you cannot fit the plastic housings to them unless as noted above you substantially trim the pods which is quite a job . 

Laminated ones would look mint fitted to a car but are a time consuming job ...... sorry I'm not doing any before you ask lol

100_zpsms1c1s9i.jpg

• Like 1
The Wanderer

I prefer not to look at the back of a Westfield, it annoys me that the mould for the lights is higher on the right than the left.   My first Westy had this mould fault in 1995 and my third still had the same mould fault in 2008.

The Wanderer

I used clear LEDs in the CF effect housings on mine - didn't like it with clear/reds on the blue bodywork, just seemed like a colour too far, if that makes sense.

IMG_2677.JPG

the lights look great Dave but did you not manage to sort out the wheel offsets ? they still look lost in those arches. It's not another Westfield mould fault is it ?