Zetec stat housing too tight to bulkhead?

GRBBONGO

Where did you get the dipstick tube from terry? It's much different to either of the two I have.

What's the big metal bit by the filler cap on the top of the head

Dipstick was of ebay, can't remember what off but a little bending of the bottom section and it fitted a treat.

The big metal thing came with the engine (new from somewhere near Coventry) heat shielding maybe. Answers on a postcard too Top Gear please.lol 

Terry

I guess you are on about your dipstick that won't fit? in the engine hole or through the maze of exhaust headers?

I had to bend the bottom section, took a bit of doing to get the thing right. Mind you don't bend it to much at the same point it will crinkle up quite easy. Long bends is the way to go.

New O ring fitted but I don't think its the right materal. It keeps cracking up and leaking, I replace it every 2,000 miles. Need to get the right stuff at some point.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Terry