Westy, optimum power output ?

McDuff

Mine has a lowly 1.8 pinto with i guess no more than 100bhp. But it makes the most fantastic noise right through the rev range, catapults me past anything i choose to overtake and puts a smile on my face even just sitting in it. I have had the most fab summer and although i have a duratec ready to replace the pinto i am wondering whether i will loose more of what i enjoy about the car in my quest to achieve some thing (speed and acceleration) i cant use frequently or only in short bursts .

It takes all kind a folk . No matter what your car is who ever you meet and go out to play with The best bit is always the playing and thats the greatest thing to me about wscc

• Like 2

I think there is so much more to it that power output. My car is of adequate power at 225bhp, but it is very easy to drive. My mate Dave has less power but his car is far more of a handful.

The car I have now is approx 185bhp and runs out of gears about 115mph (limiter in 4th), but with a really long 1st (just over 45mph) it feels pretty much as quick to 80-90mph as the 260bhp car it has replaced.

"The car It has replaced" is now crying after reading this...

But yes, I've to agree... The 185 setup with shorter (correct matching) gearing, feels really fast...

But yes, I've to agree... The 185 setup with shorter (correct matching) gearing, feels really fast...

Looks like you need to search out a new gearbox then Maurici!!!

Andy

• Like 1

Sorry :p

4.4 diff on the shopping list? :d

If I recall correctly, Evo magazine once stated that and R300 was the best power/fun ratio on a caterham.....I'll take that as for being relevant to all seven type cars!

• Like 1