Best value suspension bushes?

Ian Bunker

I have decided that this winter i will re-bush at least the rear end of my 1995 SE Narrow. I strongly suspect its never been done even though it has not been on the road for all of its 20 years. After much reading and picking others brains i have decided to go Metalastic/Rubber as despite maybe aggro to fit they seem a safer option.  I was told the nylon half bushes can peel back as they are force fitted? Can anyone please recommend the best most economic (yes i mean cheapest) source for these and a decent brand. 

Many thanks 

Ian Bunker - Dorset 

I recently got mine from Westfield. From memory they were £6 each. Arrived within a couple of days.

I thought that was fair and liked knowing they would be exactly right so didn't look elsewhere.

Cheers

Rich

Hi magellan - thanks for responding. I take it you bought rubber bushes as opposed to Poly ?  Have you really got a Toyota Twin Cam in a narrow body- thats food for thought - has it always had that engine in it?

Cheers 

Ian 

Hi Ian

Yes the metalastic rubber bushes. I read on here that the extra rigidity offered by the poly bushes is not such a good thing on a live axle rear. Without searching I can't remember why!

Yes I do have the Toyota engine in my narrow. I don't know if it was there from new though.

Cheers

Rich