BoB memorial flight

TAFKARM

I saw that on the news yesterday, looks like really expensive and creative way to make the Darwin Awards. Presumably my age, but I think it's, well, ridiculous. 

• 1 month later...

Went to see this vehicle yesterday. It's Tim Peak's spacecraft. Tbh it doesn't look out of place among the old railway relics at Shildon's rail museum. A bit Victorian looking?

It looked like it had seen some serious heat! :t-up:

P1120159c.thumb.jpg.f5d857ccfa8028afc3e43f20f515d40b.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great pose!

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, no picture as it happened too fast, but the BOB Lancaster flew over us yesterday. About 500 feet by the look of it. Looked and sounded superb. Always great to see.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2018 at 21:25, corsechris said:

Sadly, no picture as it happened too fast, but the BOB Lancaster flew over us yesterday. About 500 feet by the look of it. Looked and sounded superb. Always great to see.

I was in Harrow at the time. Heard them before I saw them. Turned to the girl(!) I was with and exclaimed "That's a spitfire" like an excited schoolboy. She looked at me blankly and continued drinking her coffee. Still, she has a nice bum so I forgave her :oops: :d

• Haha 3

I was on a working party on Saturday and someone had arranged a flypast by the BOB gang.  They flew over quite low and took most people by surprise.  Luckily they circled round and did another flypast so by that time most people had managed to pull their phones out.  If I was more techy I would be able to upload a really poor video.

One for the mighty car mods fans 

0FC20BAE-C964-4B1E-862C-2766A29C423A.thumb.jpeg.ebd1330def5d3cc351716ec2679e840f.jpeg

I was going to camo wrap my car once but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find it after...

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been watching the centenary fly-past over London on BBC1. What a stupendous group of machines from the WW2 (BoB flight) to June 2018 (Lightning). One sad omission was the Harrier IMHO.

How about the de Havilland mosquito? It's about time the RAF recommissioned the best aircraft of WW2 ever and the most beautiful aircraft too.

Was on Westminster bridge as they came over, not the best viewpoint but the least crowded within walking distance of the office, great spectacle and look forward to watching it on TV later.

Quote telling that getting 3 F35s in the air was considered some kind of huge achievement. Sad we have to keep buying ‘murican ****e.