BoB memorial flight

TAFKARM

Yeah, please sir, can we have some more?

I was at Eastbourne Air show today and the BoB Memorial Flight was scheduled to appear but the Lanc was sick and had to cry off, sadly. It's becoming more and more common for the old girl to have a headache unfortunately. However I did see the Vulcan, and no matter how often you see it, the sheer mass of that wing takes the breath away. It is fantastic. There could be a couple of pics to follow.

• Like 1

I was at Eastbourne Air show today and the BoB Memorial Flight was scheduled to appear but the Lanc was sick and had to cry off, sadly. It's becoming more and more common for the old girl to have a headache unfortunately. However I did see the Vulcan, and no matter how often you see it, the sheer mass of that wing takes the breath away. It is fantastic. There could be a couple of pics to follow.

Vulcan flew directly over our house today (we live on a farm in North Essex), very low, slow and loud. We ran to the window to see what it was, the sound was like nothing we've ever heard here, we 100% thought it was an airliner coming down or something?! Pure relief and elation to see Vulcan. Absolutely incredible thing. We saw her at Swansea air show last month, really something to see.

Apologies for my photography skills

IMG_4468_zpserkfjr5s.jpg

IMG_4467_zpswusdvz7y.jpg

IMG_4466_zpsrvmigeuk.jpg

IMG_4465_zpsmmutje2o.jpg

IMG_4464_zps9in0p3un.jpg

IMG_4463_zps57l8ee7t.jpg

IMG_4462_zpslh8cm3zn.jpg

IMG_4461_zpshzyfg8h0.jpg

IMG_4460_zps4eyrlpd3.jpg

IMG_4459_zps2agp8ogq.jpg

• Like 2

Seeing as we've mentioned Vulcans.. a couple of XM655

IMG_3679_zpsd6wdgax4.jpg

IMG_3681_zpsvgg7jpgq.jpg

• Like 1

Don't those planes look great when lined up.

Thanks for posting.

Do you work there?

Vulcan at Beachy Head yesterday

So crap that it has to retire at the end of this season

I was on Beachy Head but nearer Cow Gap down the hill towards Eastbourne. The Vulcan was early (or the previous item over-running) so those up on the top had a bonus show all to themselves for about five minutes. All we saw of that was the occasional glimpse. When the 'proper' show started we had a great view over the town and beaches. Apparently three critical companies have withdrawn their support and it cannot be certified without them. It's not money or spares, but just these firms apparently. :(

Motco I read somewhere that the problem is that the three (or whatever number) companies have taken that decision because they have no-one left with the skills to certify planes like this - they are all retired or gone.  But much older planes still get certified so I don't now how true or relevant this is.

Fabulous photos guys