Tonneau for wide body with a boot

Tim Essex

Does anyone know whether I can get a tonneau that will fit my wide body with a boot? All the ones I've seen aren't deep enough to attach at the rear. Cheers

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying you have traditional style bodywork and the (optional) locking boot box lid, and you want a tonneau that will go over the top of it as well?

If so, I don't think such a thing exists, unless anyone has had one made as a one-off. 

Or or do you mean you have FW bodywork, with the new style rear?

If all you want is a tonneau cover for the passenger compartment, it's probably easier just to get one made. You'll be surprised at how reasonable a lot of the local trimmers are. I know people that have had various custom ton days made for their cars, and the price hasn't been that different to the one size fits all factory options. In fact, in at least one case, it was cheaper!

• Like 1

Ooh forgot to mention, boot areas aside, the factory does a different version of tonneau depending if you have a windscreen or aeroscreened, they're also different if you have a standard roll bar or an RAC bar with extra cut outs for the back stays, and the seat back pockets fit standard Sport Seats, but would need changing for Sport Turbo or JK's or Westfield Race Seats.

• Like 1

I have a tonneau that goes over my locking boot box. Bought it from the factory. 16 years ago though

• Like 1

Thanks Dave and Stuart for responding. Stuart - I have virtually the same set up as you so will check out the factory. Will also price up getting one made. 

Just up the road from you------------------ Hoods Galore at Aviation Way, worth pricing up.

When I have completed my build I will be in the market for one so will be interested in the results of your price comparisons.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.