the David

Hemsley

If you don't fit the rear licence plate holder, they will test the shaped area on the back of the FW tub instead, as it is clearly intended for a plate, but which I understand due to changes in the requirements, is now, non compliant, and will fail.

As long as you either use a fastening method that doesn't mark, or ensure that any bolt holes will be behind the number plate once it's fitted, you'll be ok.

Oh and good luck!

Hi Martin

I fixed the plate on with a combination of Velcro and double sided tape.

It is reasonably solid and has not moved

The IVA testers never gave the fixing of it a second glance

• Like 1

There you go, as long as it doesn't feel about to drop off, is as close to vertical as the limits of the body shape will allow etc you will be fine.

So far test is going ok. Chris the tester is a really knowledgable chap and a proper engineer. He's doing the bit with the spreadsheets and checking results now... I just hope all is ok.

Awesome, passed without any issues. I know I've been worrying about the test, and have checked things a hundred times, but the only thing I needed to do was nudge the nearside headlamp aim. He was complimentary about the tidy and well put together build. There was one minor comment about the functionality of the fog light, which I will talk to Westfield about, although it was not an issue to cause a fail.

Big thanks to Dave for his tips with the throttle bodies, as I suspect without him finding some issues I would have run into them myself. Guy at OMEX was very helpful coaching me through the set up over the phone, using a synchrometer and with my laptop hooked up to the ECU.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

Chris making friends with The David. He does not recall testing a Westfield before, but said they had a Caterham just yesterday.

Edmonton%20Test%20centre_zpsgrxghjl6.jpg

Weight was fairly even all round, although since I had loaded up with tools that might be slightly misleading.
Weighing%20the%20front_zpsavsh0y40.jpg

As it was just me and Chris doing the test I got to take a ride on the ramp.
On%20the%20ramp_zpsk9yzuytr.jpg

I think the drive over helped to settle the brakes, although I have picked up a bit of a squeal by the time I reached home.
Brake%20tests_zpskt4df38d.jpg

The emissions were fine, and the noise reading was 93db.
Waiting%20for%20the%20results_zpszrul1mz

As happy as can be with this result. Enjoyed the drive home, and I'll be completing the registration application this evening.
certificate_zpsmp8gz6jm.jpg
  • Like 7

Hooray, another yellow one on the road :) Congrats

excellent.  Well done

Great news. Pity it was a day late for the pub meet!

Keith