3.14 open to a 3.62 LSD

Chriscooper1

BEC's like to use that ratio, to stop them revving out - so it's definitely on some people's wanted list - not sure of value though?

• Like 1

Is it a 7" sierra with 100mm  lobro flanges?

As far as I'm aware yes but I'm just going off what someone told me, I'm not to clued up on how to tell really, took the numbers off it but don't understand them. It's deffo 7". The number is 83BG-4033-BA

Why do you want to lower your ratio?

I've just gone from 3.62 to 3.38 and it's much nicer for road driving.

With the 3.62 my R1 engine hit the limiter in 6th gear at 120mph on rolling road.

Cruising at 70mph was 7000rpm in 6th gear.

The 3.38 has dropped nearly 1000rpm off the cruising revs, only downside is you need to use first on slow junctions where as with the 3.62 it would go niceky in second gear.

I'm running a 1700 cross flow, as I've previously said im not very clued up on it all, I'm wanting an LSD but ratios are completely over my head, I do the odd track day... Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Your diff is rare. Very rare.

Like said above , BEC guys want them, and also, my V8 runs on one and it means I can use 1st gear.

3.6 or 3.9 on a crossflow will be great and much better than what you currently have.

I run a 3.9 with a 4 speed box, 70mph is about 4k revs.

• Like 1

I got an open 3.12 from a breakers yard, lucky find, £80.00. However its no good for my Blade. when i went car engine 4.4 was a superb ratio however that was using a caterham 6 speed.