Vacuum Advance Fitment

harrypotter

Is there a 'best place' to connect the vacuum advance tube coming from the distributor? There seem to be a few take-off points from the carbon plenum chamber and it's fittings. I'm assuming it's going to be somewhere near the inlet mouth of the plenum.

Thanks all for your help and patience. :yes:

Harry

A photo would help. Pressure downstream of a throttle is fairly consistent, but you get a lot of pulsations in individual intake tracts, so anywhere in a genuine plenum is normally OK, but I can't picture how you'd have a carbon plenum with a dizzy? Also your engine may not handle the advance, depending on how it's set/ mapped.

Not sure if I made it clear that it's fitted to a rover V8 engine, sorry.

Ok, I'll see if I can win the battle with the photo transfer mechanism.

The plenum opening is at the scuttle end and the distribututor at the other if that description helps.