SHOULD I TAKE THE WESTFIELD TO SCOTLAND OR NOT

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

It's character building :). Glad you made it to Scotland fingers crossed that the promised heatwave heads your way.

Once it's over you will look back on the experience with a smile and good memories. At the time it's like hell on earth lol.

• Like 1

Hats off to the missus!

It's one thing driving/riding in the rain and getting soaked, but another to endure it as a passenger.

Respect :)

• Like 1

Hats off to the missus!

It's one thing driving/riding in the rain and getting soaked, but another to endure it as a passenger.

Respect :)

Agreed

• Like 1

Enjoy it what ever the weather dishes out all part of the mystic , when the sun shines it is THE best scenery .............you , the misses and the car will dry out

• Like 2

SWMBO taking a daily change of clothes then?  I've done 3 weeks in the States on about a quarter of that luggage - hope those rucksacks are waterproof!

My wife can travel with only a clean pair of knickers and a toothbrush, although as she's a Scouser, only the toothbrush is absolutely essential....

Enjoy your trip Buttercup...

• Like 3

Afternoon all.

Second day of pouring rain but we have been out and about. Changed hotels today and lost a load of money but the first one is terrible. Feel happier now. Drove to Glenetive this morning and did 30 miles or so at 10mph. It's where they filmed some of Skyfall and it was absolutely breathtaking. Just getting something to eat now and then off back out to get our stuff from the other hotel. Used half hood today for the first proper time and it is worth every single penny.

• Like 1

This afternoon we have moved hotels and did 100 miles round trip to collect the bags. Coming back I had already travelled the road a few times so didn't bother to look at the scenery as much. The road to the side of Loch Linnie, travelling north to Glencoe is amazing for our cars. The road surface is so smooth with some great bends and straights and the scenery is breathtaking. If anyone is up this way it really is worth the 15 minutes you are on the road. Think it is the A828. Regarding the rain... It has not stopped yet. Tomorrow going to go to the Glenfinnan Viaduct and to the three sisters again.

• Like 1

if you're heading over to skye you will love the A82 across to Kyle of Lochalsh from Invergarry. one of our favourite driving roads....

• Like 1

Hi Craig. I have a couple of days on sky lTer this week. I was hoping to do a lap of the island and swim... Float .... In the fairy pools. Looking forward to Skye as never been before. Just in my hotel room having the Scottish delicacy... Maynard fruit gums and nut and spice cookies.

• Like 1

Skye is stunning and lots of interesting, if slow, roads to explore out in the wilds towards the top end of the island.

Looking forward to the photos once you get time to post them

• Like 1

Ooh Er!

Morning men. Topless pics to come later. Do you want me or Carol in the pic....just had the best breakfast ever. Everything extremely tasty, cooked cleanly and hot. Excellent lady hostess who had plenty of banter with a brilliant personality. Cutlery was all clean and magnificent views of mountains and Loch Linnie. £80.00 for a double room with en-suite. It's called the Glencoe inn at Glencoe. Pub for drinks and excellent food next door, a village shop and a petrol garage 100 yards away. Parking is off road round the rear of the hotel and looks safe.

Hi Buttercup,

Sounds like you're having a great time, despite the weather. Remember - skin is waterproof, so topless may be the way to go!

Don't forget to do the "Scotsburgring" while you're in the vicinity of Glencoe. It's a complete lap of Loch Leven and a fantastic road.

Was hoping to meet you on your run down through Inverness (we live close by) on Sunday, but we're out for a run with the Jaguar owners in Crieff that day. We'll keep a look out for you in Aberfeldy or on the A9 on our way back north.

Keep us posted. We love an adventure!

David

• Like 1