1.6 Ecoboost Build

David_Thame

There is a company in New Zealand that seem to sell all the connectors for most engines.  I was told that Hayabusa connectors were impossible to obtain but they sent me a complete set.

Not expensive either.

I will dig out their details

http://www.motodata.co.nz/

this is the company but looking at the website it may be they just offer bike connectors

I would call DC electronics.   They could supply me everything that I needed for my LS7 loom on the Ultima

I seem to recall there was an advert on the back of the last issue of the club magazine from S.B.D with a picture of the 1.6 ecoboost and mention of them working on an m.b.e ecu. and uprated turbo. Might be wrong and cant find the mag to check.

Evening team  :)

How on earth do you get the flasher unit through the hole in the aluminium panel? cant get the blumin spade connectors off....well not pulled REALLY hard but worried about yanking the wires out, as I can't get a good grip on the spade connectors with the pliers.

Any ideas?

I should point out i've broken it down into a few bits but cant get the bl**** spade connectors out the black block....or am i having a senior moment?

flat screw driver and twist

Thanks guys! A cheeky little twist with a flat blade did it....saved me getting that lot through the hole again!

I run a Fiesta ST with 1600 ecoboost at boy is it fast and torquay. 6 months ago I looked at one for my Westy but not much info about although new engines were available. So I installed zetec instead. Fast but not a patch on the torque of the ecoboost.So looking forward to seeing an install as the engine is a delight and I guess will become a standard install. BTW Fiesta rated at 215 brake with Mountune remap etc that does not invalidate Ford warranty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Spring quiz...got some black ones and some white ones....which go where? Sure the white ones go on the back as they feel softer, but both the same length so thought I should check  :blush:

ooh by the way, spoke to SBD today and they have something in the pipeline in terms of loom and ecu...seems affordable too.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question....again!  :rolleyes:

With the wide track do you still need to remove the 10mm from each side of the rack? It says to do so in the "manual" but thought id better check as the manual seems to omit / get wrong / gloss over the important stuff  :d

Thanks!