184bhp Westfield 1.6n/a road legal

Asterix

Bumped again. This advert is also on PH, from which I get...

" Hello I am French and your car interests me. If we ever do business would you be ready to send it to France? Thank you for your return. "

...type emails - all of which I think are scams. Am I right to be that suspicious? (I think I am)

Yeah I've also had a number of 'overseas' timewasters too, wouldn't even bother entertaining. It's a shame as I'm sure there are a genuine few out there 

• Like 1

I wouldn't immediately dismiss those.  In France they can only import older Westfields due to their strict regulations and yours would fit that requirement.  And with the language barrier, the written word may come out a little different to what you would expect.

• Like 1

Just now, Quinten Uijldert said:

I wouldn't immediately dismiss those.  In France they can only import older Westfields due to their strict regulations and yours would fit that requirement.  And with the language barrier, the written word may come out a little different to what you would expect.

True, must admit though I've had 3 so far and they've all been of the same type. I am not a xenophobe by the way, happy to sell to any serious buyer.

I had a guy from Belgium interested in mine. I’d already done a deal to sell but the guy offered me £2k more than I actually sold it for. He wanted to do a bacs transfer and collect the car as advertised. I guess there’s probably a mixture of time wasters overseas just as there are here but I wouldn’t ignore....is just be cautious in the dealings and make sure it’s fully cleared funds before releasing the car.

• Like 1

You May recieve a request from spain... Don't dissmiss it... I've recommended the car to a friend!!

• Like 2

I’ve sold a car to a French guy a few years ago. Met him at Ashford Euro tunnel station and took him for a test drive. As he wanted the car, he paid in cash and drove back to Folkestone car terminal and back to France. 

He did bring a copy of his passport  and French import papers for me to keep. 

So, only sell to a Jonny foreigner if they are prepared to travel over to the UK and pay for the car with cleared funds or cash.  Send the tear off slip from the V5 notifying the DVLA the car has been exported.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m surprised this isn’t getting interest. It’s a cracking car.

On 13/02/2019 at 21:46, SootySport said:

I’ve sold a car to a French guy a few years ago. Met him at Ashford Euro tunnel station and took him for a test drive. As he wanted the car, he paid in cash and drove back to Folkestone car terminal and back to France. 

He did bring a copy of his passport  and French import papers for me to keep. 

So, only sell to a Jonny foreigner if they are prepared to travel over to the UK and pay for the car with cleared funds or cash.  Send the tear off slip from the V5 notifying the DVLA the car has been exported.

I sold one to a German guy. Came over with a trailer paid cash and drove away. I'm in contact with my next one when it's finished. 

• 2 weeks later...

Morning.

Well. It wasn't a bluff, my spanish mate is propperly interested in the car. If is not too far from mine's... I could do an expedition there to have a first view...

Where is the car located and what would be your availability?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, maurici said:

Morning.

Well. It wasn't a bluff, my spanish mate is propperly interested in the car. If is not too far from mine's... I could do an expedition there to have a first view...

Where is the car located and what would be your availability?

Hi Maurici, I've replied to him. He wanted Easter but I can't do that :(, so have asked him to specify a date when he can come.

I'm in Derby, about 30 mins from East Midlands Airport.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, is it leaving the country, by any chance! :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.