Zetec remote oil filter - parts & install

dave_t

I've just finished my install of a remote oil filter on my Zetec, and thought I'd share what I'd done as it took me a while to track down parts lists and location ideas from various threads here and on other forums.

I decided to relocate the filter so that it remains quite close to the original position - to minimise oil line length whilst also making it easily accessible during oil changes (as it is now located just above the sump plug on my Raceline sump).  I made up a mounting bracket with some flat alloy plate, and used some spare existing bolt holes on the block to mount it.

20150425_164834_zps1h37qywy.jpg

The take off plate now clears the steering column quite well - and certainly much better than when the oil filter was located there!

20150425_164904_zpswgldm8mm.jpg

I sourced the parts from a combination of Think Auto and Rally Design (choosing whichever gave me the cheapest option).  I used the following:

1x RFH3B  (Remote filter head)

2x MMS10-8-8  (1/2" BSP to 1/2" NPTF)

2x HEFP93-8  (1/2" BSP 90-Degree for 1/2" hose)

2m FBN0800  (Socketless hose, 1/2" bore)

2x HEFP3-8 (1/2" BSP for 1/2" hose)

2x MMS3-8-8   (1/2"BSP to 1/2"BSP)

2x BS13/16  (Bonded seal 13/16" for 1/2BSP)

1x TOP01  (Take off plate)

• Like 1

Thanks dom :)

I did consider locating it on the front cross member, or similar. Not much to choose between, I guess :)