'CAGED' roll bars

MarkFRST

Can anyone confirm if these people make the Caged Roll bar that Westfield sell?  

http://westfield-sportscars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/megas2000-2.jpg

http://www.cagedlaser.com/

I know people on here had it before Westfield started to sell it? - Any idea on price direct?

Thanks

Sounds like them, they're in the right area anyway, but the full cage and the roll bar have AFAIK been Westfield designs, so anything that might be available direct won't be (quite) the same.

I don't mind if its slightly different to the picture but I definitely remember one chap on here with a Blue early FW car had one years before Westfield sold them - I would probably go to Westfield but they simply don't reply to me for parts recently.

Playskool I looked at but they don't fit FW body according to their website :-( they were my first stop

Westfield sold them years ago; I know a few members that had them back around 2005/6 ish. They were just known as the Caged roll bar back then and were badged Caged. AFAIK they were just the rear hoop and back stays of the full Caged Cage.

The new "MSA roll bar"'was launched a couple of years back and looks very similar, but is not just the back half of the full cage. Some of the dimensions are different, I seem to recall it might be slightly taller? I also remember being told it used different steel tube, whether it was thicker wall? Or different material spec, I'm not sure though! And of course it's MSA approved, where as I seem to think the original Caged bar couldn't be because of some of the curves. (Note that just the original Caged bar, the full Caged cage has always had full approval/homologation)

WF usually stock the MSA rear bar about £330 if I recall.

As for going direct I emailed them twice & never heard back.

This is what my bar looked like I had it made with a 10° tilt so that the hood fitted, it was almost a carbon copy of a Caterham bar.

westfield.jpg