Donor disposal

Andrew O Byrne White - Ireland AO

Hi all,

Finally managed to finish stripping out my donor mx5. 2 questions:

Is there anything in particular I need to do to dispose of the body so I don't have difficulty with the IVA at a later date? (Remove the VIN plate for instance?)

Has anyone had a donor body taken away by anyone in the Birmingham area they can reccommend?

Cheers!

Andrew

When I got rid of my donor shell I kept the main part of the V5 and just gave the scrap yard the yellow disposal part of it.

I've also got the VIN plate.

The scrap yard weren't too impressed when they came to collect as there was nothing of value apart from scrap metal and all the broken Mazda trim.

I just got my bare shell collected. No V5 paperwork handed over. I kept both vin plates.

Although my donor was a sierra I did pretty much the same thing as dommo. It was a bare shell as I'd sold all the the rest. I just cut the vin plates out and got a local pikey to take it away.

Tbh if I'd had a decent angle grinder I'd probably have cut it up into chunks and taken it to a metal place myself. All the random bits of metal that came off it line the old engine/brake bits/suspension etc I got £50

Scrappies have a legal duty to issue a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) on any End of Life Vehicle (ELV) and inform the DVLA they have done so.  Not sure how this impacts (if at all) on the registration of a single donor Westfield, though.

i cut the vin plate out and got the scrappy to come and get it but they werent impressed there was only a shell left. i also didnt hand over any paperwork and took me a while to find someone who would come and collect it as there was so little left of it

I didn't even cut out the VIN plates and there was no comeback from DVLA.  Local scrappy took it away for nowt.  I did tell him it was not a rolling chassis and to bring a grab truck, but they still brought a flat bed.  It was interesting dragging it onto the vehicle.

IMGP1214.jpg

lol my scrrapy turned up wit a loader like that but the bed was broken so 4 blokes picked up at the front whilst it was winched on