High Level Third Brake Light

CraigHew

Yeah, the one I have is designed to be used on the high level lamp only. It will flash half a dozen or so times when you first press the brake pedal before changing to steady on. Once you take your foot off the brakes, it will go out with the regular brake lights, just like normal. If you brake again within seven seconds, or thereabouts, the high level light will not flash, it will just come on normally.

Want one, Dave could you send me the details please.

Bob :d

CraigHew

Cheers

Bob :d :d 

Nope that's the same one! (I checked my eBay history this morning to confirm the specs!)

I like the instLl, but I'm not a fan of the flashing, it's quite distracting?

In this instance, I'm in the Jeremy Clarkson camp; I'd rather be annoying and seen 

:d  :p 

:getmecoat: 

exactly Dave, the more distracting the better.

If only I could find the "Saturday Night Fever" version.........

exactly Dave, the more distracting the better.

If only I could find the "Saturday Night Fever" version.........

Thats fine, at least you be Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive!

:getmecoat:  :getmecoat:  :getmecoat: 

• Like 1

Dave,

Do you have any pictures of it on your build page? The Ebay listing doesn't show any close ups. It looks curved in the Bugatti image.

I think mine was an early doors model and didn't come in any plastic case work, just a sealed heat-shrink cover

I think mine was an early doors model and didn't come in any plastic case work, just a sealed heat-shrink cover

Thanks Dave, :yes:

Is it straight or curved?

I'm confused now (not difficult I concede) 

Are we talking the flasher "module" above (from ebay) or the whole thing (light / module) - I assume it's just the flasher module as it says it works with any 12v bulb or led high level light ? :)

http://www.signaldynamics.com/backoffxp

I like high level brake lights on kit cars as I feel the main lights are pretty low and people in tin tops, even worse in Chelsea tractors,there eye line is way higher than the bottom of our rear arches.

I've fitted the same led light from cbs, threw the back off module above :)

I fitted the one from Caterham and it sits above the wheel hung on the back of the car..

It comes with the supplied bracket and all wiring.

It looks smart in my opinion and I feel a million time more safe.

I'm confused now (not difficult I concede) 

Are we talking the flasher "module" above (from ebay) or the whole thing (light / module) - I assume it's just the flasher module as it says it works with any 12v bulb or led high level light ? :)

The module I was talking about is just an electronic flasher unit, no lamp included. I have a Hella Led high level brake light.