Rear Arches - ZK/Kit compatibility and widths

Rab (bombero) Reid

For some reason, I can't start a new topic under FAQs but I have read up on Bodywork however, I'm still looking for a bit more info..

My Westfield: Built 2000, widebody kit.

Q1. Are the 'kit' and 'zk' rear arches compatible ie with a little bit of modding to the locating lugs, will the zk arches fit onto a kit body? 

Q2. What are the measurements for 'standard' and 'extra wide' widths?

Cheers!  :)

What a good question! I admit I don't know the answer beyond what you've said, ZK/Kit mounting lugs seem to be a different profile, completely. There are also often fewer lugs on Kit style bodywork.

As for the posting a new topic:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Valuable answers to often-asked questions about Westfields - a great place to start when you're looking for help. (If you'd like to start a new FAQ, please contact an Administrator.)

I'll move this to the Bodywork FAQ as it would be a very handy one for the future, (once we get some answers ;) )

• Like 1

Can anyone assist..?

I'll be able to answer for you in a couple of days when I'm back home and with the numbers to hand :)
  • Like 2

My 'Standard' Zk rear arches are 9" wide. (external to external)

I'm told by WF that the Extra wide ones are 1.5" wider.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Q1 - Yes with some fettling of the lugs they will fit ok. I fitted some ZK arches to a "KIT" tub and had to grind flush the lugs on the tub to make them fit but once on everything lined up ok. There's a few pictures on this thread.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/88905-smokey%E2%80%99s-narrow-rebuild/page-5#entry910499

Q2 - the dimensions I have written down are 240mm wide for a "standard wide" arch and 280mm for the "extra wide" there may be some variations in dimensions quoted though as there's 10mm difference in width between the nearside and offside standard rear arches.

I have extra wide arches and can measure them tomorrow if a definitive answer is required?

• Like 1

That would be nice, Chris, even if just to confirm that there's no anomalies with Westfield's past productions..

• 1 year later...

Here's a little information I have learnt recently...

Standard detachable arches (wide body) are 245mm wide.

Extra wide are 285mm

SDV are 305mm

Then comes aftermarket for 10inch or 12inch slicks.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 26/05/2016 at 20:53, Tim Reid (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Here's a little information I have learnt recently...

Standard detachable arches (wide body) are 245mm wide.

Extra wide are 285mm

SDV are 305mm

Then comes aftermarket for 10inch or 12inch slicks.

Can anybody confirm were this is measured?
i am sure i have either extrawide or SDV?

what does SDV mean?

20211112_075226.thumb.jpg.f39da03307cbf6772f8d884cbc1672cc.jpg20211112_075236.thumb.jpg.b2ca756b258fad5b9d935e3626b60404.jpg20211124_224210.thumb.jpg.a4cf9dd633e2ff82c7e0d42c33686934.jpg20211124_224216.thumb.jpg.1a2d827e03b996456566966e2d999bb7.jpg20211124_224246.thumb.jpg.d76ad54332193715a5464397249d9392.jpg20211124_224314.thumb.jpg.be757276174bf19c243e1db23e86bd78.jpg

SDV = Single Donor Vehicle 

Your 285mm measurement means they are indeed Sierra SDV extra wide arches. 

EDIT - not sure where the 305mm mentioned earlier comes from though?

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Not sure if I have overlooked the answer to this on this thread but...what is the exact difference between a ZK body and a "kit" body? I have a wide body with fixed rear arches...is this a Kit or ZK body? Many thanks.

Sorry if this is a pretty basic question! 😁

50 minutes ago, marka said:

Not sure if I have overlooked the answer to this on this thread but...what is the exact difference between a ZK body and a "kit" body? I have a wide body with fixed rear arches...is this a Kit or ZK body? Many thanks.

Sorry if this is a pretty basic question! 😁

See here 😃

fixed arches could be either ZK or Kit