Sign in to follow this  
fossett

My Journey to Nodiz

Background;

This car is my 1st Westfield - so had no experience of how things should feel or what performance to expect. :westy:

It turns out that the 2.0 Zetec hasn't run properly since getting it, on its original engine, it always was pretty nippy, but ran on 3 (I now know), after replacing the engine last summer - the car ran a lot better (on 4 cylinders) but coughed and spluttered on uptake, and wasn't a fan of WOT.

I found that the megajolt map loaded to the car was a turbo one, so swapped it out for a 'safe' zetec one by ATSPEED.

The the ZX9 carbs were stripped, cleaned, adjusted and rebuilt the ZX9 carbs with new parts where necessary as the symptoms gave me a 'fuely' feeling.

I got a fuel regulator with a pressure gauge built in and checked that I had reasonable pressure.

To be honest the car ran slightly better with each change, and at least it now ran on 4 cylinders. but not cleanly especially at WOT.

So in a burst of desperation I switched my attention to the ignition system and got the lot.

I picked up a Nodiz with terminated loom, coil pack, and Cosworth MAP sensor from Motorsport Electronics - Taking advantage of an awesome discount offer on Locostbuilders along with a beefy set of leads from a guy that makes them to order on eBay.

This weekend I got all of this stuff fitted along with the chester sports cars map (loaded via bluetooth) - available on the Motorsport Electronics website, The car started 1st time and WOW.

The engine now pulls like crazy - and I flipping love it, and It feels so good that I got there in the end.

I guess that what i'm sharing here is;

• A newbie diary, with hints for others 
  • A review for the NODIZ Pro - which I recommend fully - so much less wire snaking about and lovely quality.

Just in time for spring! :)  Congrats!

Cheers.

Jos

Seconded on the nodiz.   Fitted one to my redtop late last year when I really could not be a****d spending any more time on the distributor setup, and it too went first time. 

I didn't have the MAP sensor at the time so fitting that to my dellorto setup is a job for the next few weeks.

Gary

• Like 1

Hey Gary

The MAP sensor is a breeze, get the Cosworth one and choose it in the software, it automatically knows real Pressure rather than a range of 0-255.

top tip = I used one of THESE too.

I also have nodiz using tps rather than map fantastic support from Matt and cracking piece of kit

paul

Hi all. I too very much liked the look of the Nodiz Pro and had intended to purchase one with the zetec loom so i could just plug and play when i connected it to my 1.8 with zx9r carbs (which already has TPS).

However.... Today i noticed while looking on ebay that i can see no sign of them, and also when i tried to connect to the Nodiz forum it was not having any of it!

Does anyone know if they are still trading? I did notice there were some not so good reviews regarding reliability. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Hey GRBBONGO

They are here LINK

Cool thanks. Are you happy with your Nodiz ECU?

Also are there any advantages over MAP compared to the TPS? and will i definately need to cut by bonnet? Sorry for all the questions at once.

Yeah it's great

Connecting to it via Bluetooth with my Mac was a bit of a pain when running win10 in a vm - but if you have a windows native laptop you should be fine.

There is a lot less wire knocking about compared with the megajolt and edis - I went with map because my bike carbs are old and my manifold is already drilled to accept the feeds - whatever you choose should work just fine.

My bonnet is cut for the bike carbs only and if you leave off the filter they will fit under a standard bonnet - it really does run a treat now