Westfield Sports Cars Factory Open Day 11th April

Captain Colonial

I can confirm the buffet was excellent.

I took he opportunity to lower the tone with my shabby MX5 and had a lovely blast home through Kidderminster, Warwick and Stratford.

I even managed to scalp a free wolly hat from the TOYO bloke.

It was a really nice morning out.

Thanks to all at the factory who laid on another good day. Shame about the low turnout, I would imagine there being even more food left over than last time!!

Interesting listening to Julian talk about the parts suppy issue. Geuss only time will tell if things improve to the extent hoped for, but sounds promising.

My thanks to all at WSC for putting on another fine open day, and to Julian for hosting the Q & A session in the boardroom which I think was productive and educational for both club and factory - Dave Eastwood will get into more detail on this in the appropriate thread in the Members Only section in due course.

Not as big a turnout as last autumn's but still respectable - and those who didn't make it missed a few freebies and a sneak preview at Omex's tasty prototype throttle bodies - plus a great buffet, no one went home hungry.

Thanks to all the members who made the effort - hope you enjoyed the day! :)

• Like 1

Was the Q and A recorded, I'd be interested to know what was said.

Er, no, it was not recorded.  But Dave et al will relay what was said.  It was an open, full and frank exchange but done in a very civil fashion.

The open day was not as busy as before but I was there from 9 AM until 3PM and the time flew!

Good to see simon again but finally got to meet Ian (Ian k) and Andy (Sycho)

Really great to finally put faces to names and I hope to see you both at Stoneleigh. It should be the year of the S2000.

Quite excited about hat Omex have planned with the throttle boddies and if anyone is interested then they will have to get in the queue behind me. :d

• Like 1

Yes another good day.

Shame I had to borrow a soldering iron and fashion a bodge repair after my fan belt took out my coolant temp sensor that feeds the ECU

On the positive side, the temporary fix worked and got me home ok!

• Like 1

Yep, good day had also nice to put some names to faces but it looks like it's going to cost. Can't wait now for reg & Stoneleigh.

Really enjoyed the day, it was great to have a look at the various cars that turned out. Many thanks to Julian and WSC for their fair and honest Q&A session, i found it quite interesting.

I even collected some parts too, so it can't be bad. Just my steering rack to come now :d

Mike

Agree with comments about Omex. Good to discuss upgrades options for the Duratec too!

Had a good chat to Julian, seem to be really focused on improving parts availability and reducing wait times. Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to Stonleigh

Andy

Great day very wet start furthest I have been in one go although I had the need for a socket set and a new nut for the alternator bracket while I was there.

Great drive home just need to sort exhaust bracket as it started to rattle loose after 175 miles.

All in all positive actions for the team it won't be fixed overnight but it looks like there trying to sort things out.

Nice to meet so many of you see you in a few weeks at Stoneleigh.