Stoneleigh 2015 - General Chat

Andy Banks

No problem, got your PM and Ian and/or Marcus will be in touch.

There is no parking on the WSCC campsite. I'd rather avoid any parking around the marquee too so it's going to be tricky I'm sure. I'll look into it and see what the deal is with tintop parking.

Volunteers can camp on the WSCC campsite or the Public Campsite.

I am coming up on Sunday and was going to volunteer

My time but also want to bring some large items to sell on the jumble stand question is can I get a car pass to get in on Sunday morning to unload all the items ??

(Obviously it will be a car not westy)

Hey Simon.

All volunteers can come in a tintop so long as we have full details as per last year (reg, make, colour) so should not be a problem.

You didn't forget me did you Andy?

I'll be there all weekend in the tin tent, from early Saturday til' they chuck us out on Monday.

I haven't heard anything yet.

You're definitely in Paul :)

Can you drop us full details at stoneleigh@wscc.co.uk please.

You didn't forget me did you Andy?

I'll be there all weekend in the tin tent, from early Saturday til' they chuck us out on Monday.

I haven't heard anything yet.

Mmmmmmm.....

I feel a logistics proposal heading your way Mr Bond.

General appeal / wish list time... Anyone got a small PA system we can use at Stoneleigh?  Would be good to have it for making public announcements such as "Can Andy Banks please report to the marquee" and "Could the chairman please shut up and go home".  Also when we're presenting the Spirit of the Club Award and during the AGM.  Would just be very handy if we could borrow one for the show.

Andy - Ian,

With respect to the cars situation and the WSCC camping area with no car parking, a daft ish question but what happens to the cars belonging to the tin tents like Pauls (Mr Bond) and mine. If cars aren't allowed on the camping area how do the logistics of towing your van on and off work or do we just park locally. I've got to cut away early Monday morning and don't want to be driving through a myriad of sleeping but sobering up members. Some bright spark has offered me a bl**dy job starting on 5th. Maybe I just need a roadside pitch, it may be that simple most daft questions are.

Bob

Andy - Ian,

With respect to the cars situation and the WSCC camping area with no car parking, a daft ish question but what happens to the cars belonging to the tin tents like Pauls (Mr Bond) and mine. If cars aren't allowed on the camping area how do the logistics of towing your van on and off work or do we just park locally. I've got to cut away early Monday morning and don't want to be driving through a myriad of sleeping but sobering up members. Some bright spark has offered me a bl**dy job starting on 5th. Maybe I just need a roadside pitch, it may be that simple most daft questions are.

Bob

No such thing as a daft question :)

I'm hoping to secure some parking just across the path from our camping area and whatever the arrangement, parking will be local. Of course we can take a view on how this is working as and when things develop on the day(s). Not sure about roadside as the area will be roped off, as I understand it from Grosvenor Shows, Also makes access a bit tight as these roads aren't exactly wide. The intention is not too make things difficult but just to smarten the place up a bit as we've tended to have a number of tintops in the mix (some of them not even ours!) and could do with just a few cars worth of extra tenting/caravan space.

Also having no cars on the camping ground further avoids driving over the sleeping/sobering up members :)

Never fear, it'll be alright on the day, that's what we are working for and all views/feedback/questions are welcomed.

• Like 1

Andy,

Thanks for the quick response I realise its a fluid sort of set up and this job offer thing is a right pain in the ar*e as I'm having to get away and then up to Hull in the one day. No worries as I'll get myself into a reasonable place to slide off without interfering with the rest of the guys and gals. I'm in half a mind to sack the job but would rather not. Will definitely do the show anyway so no probs there. If it comes to the crunch I can drive the van out on its mover that'll confuse a few of the still sobering up posse, as long as its not to far to go. It will be about 9am as well so every one should be up and about, well maybe.

Thanks and see you all there

Bob :d :d 

Bob

Last year I sited my van parallel and alongside the road, all I had to do  was turn it 90 degs on it's axle and it was halfway on the road, so if your there early you should have no trouble finding a suitable pitch for a quick getaway. hth

Paul :t-up:

General appeal / wish list time... Anyone got a small PA system we can use at Stoneleigh?  Would be good to have it for making public announcements such as "Can Andy Banks please report to the marquee" and "Could the chairman please shut up and go home".  Also when we're presenting the Spirit of the Club Award and during the AGM.  Would just be very handy if we could borrow one for the show.

I have a PA Scott, but too big to fit in a Westy - which is what I plan on arriving in.  If you really need one, i could make it happen....

Paul,

Thanks for the info, that's sorted any concerns I had about disturbing others. See you at the show, I've got a few bottles of red already stowed. :barf:

Cheers

Bob :d :d

Hi I should be coming up as a punter.

My chassis should arrive the week before so I will be full of enthusiasm and possibly fear....

I look forward to meeting as many of you bunch of reprobates ( sorry fine upstanding citizens) as possible.