Stoneleigh 2015 - General Chat

Andy Banks

PLEASE NOTE UPDATES BELOW

You've all seen the pinned posts so will have an idea on what to expect and how you can get involved. Many thanks to those of you who have already put yourself forward. If you have any questions not already answered in the earlier information posts, here's the place to ask them...

Some high level timeline info might be useful at this stage...

• NOW: Please follow the instructions to volunteer
  • END FEB: The Organisation Team will have drafted up the rota
  • MID MARCH: All those wishing and willing to display their cars in Hall2 MUST HAVE COMMITTED
  • END MARCH: Rota to be published
  • END APRIL: Rota to be finalised and full instructions issued
  • AO Kit, Area Flags, etc: PLEASE can you ensure all your AO kit, especially the Area Flags are brought to Stoneleigh as early as possible

Thanks for this heads up!

Had got lost in the back of my brain somewhere as a to do later  :blush:

emails now sent  :t-up:

Would you mind specifying approximate start times on the Saturday for those who have oferred help with set-up please Andy?

We normally kick off around midday as it won't take too long. I'll confirm nearer the time as we are also dependent on the goodwill of other Members and the Committee for transportation of the kit to site, etc.

is there a display of westfields in the hall again this year i would lime to offer my mega blade up for display

Hey Ross, as you have volunteered you will have access to the free WSCC camping. Drop us another email re this so we don't forget  :oops:

If anyone else is volunteering and intending to take advantage of the free camping, please make sure we are aware via email as per the threads. We will then ensure you get a wrist band that will allow you to camp. if not, then you can pre-book the public campsite at http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/html/prices_and_advance_tickets.html

Andy slightly confused and this is probably mentioned somewhere already.

If we are volunteering do we only get free camping in the WSCC camping area or can we get free camping anywhere ?

Good question Nic.

I'll have to run it by Grosvenor Shows and get back to you, but at present, free camping for volunteers on our usual plot. We are trying to make more space available, hence no parking on the campsite, so should be able to accommodate everyone.

Quick update:

If you want to show your car in Hall2 on the new stand, you MUST let Marcus know by mid-March. By the end of March we need to confirm with Grosvenor Shows as they would like to use the space for others! WSCC will not commit to having this space unless we have at least ten (10) confirmed cars.

Many thanks :)

And another thing... :)

Please can the AOs ensure you get your whip flags to Stoneleigh as early as possible. ideally Sunday AM so we can finish setting up Westfield Avenue - Ta

Right...

We have a deadline to meet for Hall 2 display cars, we need absolute confirmation mid March for ten cars, so if you are happy to display your "special" car for the weekend, please do get in touch. http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/112447-stoneleigh-nkcs-2015-interior-volunteering/

We need all-sorts including part built and dirty as well as pristine.

Thanks...

Good question Nic.

I'll have to run it by Grosvenor Shows and get back to you, but at present, free camping for volunteers on our usual plot. We are trying to make more space available, hence no parking on the campsite, so should be able to accommodate everyone.

Hi Andy

We have one tin top coming, being driven by a volunteer - Am I right in thinking that this car cannot park in the wscc camping area (we are camping)? If so where will it need to park and is it chargeable etc?

Ps.  Apologies for my email this morning with a late change to my schedule! :bangshead: