The first of many silly questions!

hawksa

Okay here's a silly question (so I expect plenty of silly answers!)

When I arrive home on April 9th with my (hired) Luton van full of my Special Edition kit, what is the best method for moving the engine/gearbox? How does it come packaged?

Cheers,

Simon  

Get a hoist or crane.

I have used mine dozens of times since and even before the kit arrived and yet tomorrow is when I am actually fitting the engine!

• Like 2

Two blokes can lift an engine by themselves :d

Others will advise if they come "split"

Or borrow and engine crane - plenty of those amongst the Essex memebrs

Or buy a crane. What was your plan come build time?

• Like 1

Take a look at SGS engineering.  I bought a crane and engine leveler from them for dismantling my donor car.  Better value than ebay and they delivered pretty much straight away.  If you decide to sell it after too, the loss would probably be less than it would cost you to hire one for a day anyway!

• Like 1

I had the factory lift it onto a large skateboard that I took with me. Something like 1 inch ply and sturdy wheels with caster brakes. Shoved onto tail lift than trundled into workshop. Happy days :-)

In the past, the wife and daughter helped me move Jaguar V12 engine from the drive into the garage.   I'm more suitably equipped now.

Just grab anyone to help, neighbours / family / workmates.

I'm only in epping so I can help too, I'm built like a rake but the more the merrier...