Car cover for transporting.

Ben30R

Half hood and doors on and tow it like that. The cover will damage your gel coat unless its very very well protected.

Bob :westy:    :marto:

Can't use my half hood now Bob as I've fitted the AA composites aeroscreen (so lost the windscreen) and can't fit doors as I now have a full cage. Might still be able to get the tonneau on but really need a better solution for towing through the rain - don't want to spend the day sitting in wet vinyl!

I think this might be ok, looks to go on quite securely but it's a lot of money for a punt... http://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/long-nose-shower-cap--upgraded--979-p.asp

Softbits don't make one of those for a Westfield.

I have been in talks with Nick from Softbits for the past month or so to make me the Storm Cover.

The one I am getting is the one on his website that shows the video of it been installed to a car

It will be a new product for Westfields and he has to go visit a Westfield for three trial fittings.

I am hoping to have it for mid may but Nick could not confirm this.

I can't understand why this wouldn't fit a Westfield, apart from perhaps bonnet width but the fixings all seem to go onto the front wishbones and under the back chassis. Surely it could be easily modded to fit? Anyone tried one?

Can't use my half hood now Bob as I've fitted the AA composites aeroscreen (so lost the windscreen) and can't fit doors as I now have a full cage. Might still be able to get the tonneau on but really need a better solution for towing through the rain - don't want to spend the day sitting in wet vinyl!

I think this might be ok, looks to go on quite securely but it's a lot of money for a punt... http://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/long-nose-shower-cap--upgraded--979-p.asp

GRP seats with a drainage hole. Lateral thinking.

• Like 1

You'd think so, but I don't really feel the need to "splash" (gettit??) out on new seats when mine are about as light as you'll get, I'd rather get a decent car cover that can be used to keep everything dry :d

Thanks for the suggestion though chum

p

Why not just use removeable PVC seat covers initially -  cheap and easy.

If using a whole car cover I think it needs to be very tailered and tight and also needs a net over it  to not flap at motorway speeds.

Long term I would get a custom tonneau made as a permanent solution.

I do have an industrial sewing machine you can borrow if you fancy having a go yourself.

David

• Like 1

Enclosed trailer .....sorted

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread…how are people getting on with the full car covers on an open trailer?

I’m looking for a cover, either full car or tonneau, for a widebody with full cage. I only have an open trailer as I use it to tow another track car too.

Tonneau is always going to be the best.  Although some say a full car cover works,  you have to spend time tying it on with bungee cord.  Once the wind gets underneath the cover it will come loose and rip. I’ve tried all sorts of covers and only a tonneuax works, plus it only takes 5 mins. to fit.

13 hours ago, TomS said:

Thanks!

Any idea where to get one for a car with full cage or do they need to be custom made?

Need to be custom made to fit round the cage tubing.   Soft bits for Sevens are the most recommended ones but it's a one man band a nd snowed over with work.   Other than that try any local trimmers for a quote.

• Thanks 1