Valentinik's Duratec Build

Valentinik

2 minutes ago, Benjamico said:

Great advice Tony, and no harm in having a look. I (wrongly) assumed that was just a blanking plate associated with power steering plumbing.

No problem, I can't take credit for that mod thought it belongs to @Crash test dummy¬†ūüĎć

Tony 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update:

Firstly big thanks to all who gave advice!

The longer steering arms are now fitted, contact with body is sorted and they’ve made a big difference to low speed steering even just moving up and down the driveway.

Instead of adding a grub screw, I took the easy option and used a washer in the plastic guide to shim the spring, just 1.4mm and it has transformed the backlash to being barely perceivable.

Without the enormous play in the rack, it then became clear one of the UJs was a little loose too. I would say nipped up, but it was more than that to get it tight!

Can’t wait to get it out for a proper blast once restrictions are lifted.

Ben

• Like 6