Valentinik's Duratec Build

Valentinik

My rear wheels arrived from compomotive  today. Hopefully will get the tyres mounted and fitted tomorrow. 

7266AD80-48AB-42AE-9F48-081E119495F0.jpeg

• Like 4

I do love cxr’s. On my list of future purchases once I move to 13” rims. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I do love cxr’s. On my list of future purchases once I move to 13” rims. 

Couldn't agree more Chris.

They are awesome looking wheels Mike :cool:

Thanks guys. I got the tyres mounted and then fitted them this afternoon. I’m really pleased with the look now they’re all on. 

03E761A6-4F05-4DF6-8599-6D787F5EEA6C.thumb.jpeg.18903385f2631e28c2dd4d0add678333.jpegAFF706BF-1051-42A9-A383-2A181E0DA323.thumb.jpeg.2dcc8afebe957f4e5f9e30e3a5b64f66.jpegE7AD566A-7522-4B8D-A27F-A1BAD2462477.thumb.jpeg.35bcea9e61773aeb3a957c3a4ab1609a.jpeg

A much better look that the build wheels. 

55DB73E3-0DD1-4029-A06F-15DFB285BBF9.thumb.jpeg.71fa169724a930b11284b90d2048eb76.jpeg

• Like 3

Awesome wheels, mine are at the powder coaters currently :sun:

Probably just the angle of pics, but do your rear wheels sit outside the arches slightly?

Oh yeah not as far out as they looked!

Can you put a straight edge/spirit level etc down from the arch to the floor without it touching the wheel?

21 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Oh yeah not as far out as they looked!

Can you put a straight edge/spirit level etc down from the arch to the floor without it touching the wheel?

No, due to the sidewall bulge, the straghtedge sits around 3-5mm outside of the arch. I think this may be an issue come IVA? i was planning on using a set of different wheels for the test though because Westfield seem to be unwilling to provide me with a calibration certificate for my speedo with the 13" wheels.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valentinik said:

No, due to the sidewall bulge, the straghtedge sits around 3-5mm outside of the arch. I think this may be an issue come IVA? i was planning on using a set of different wheels for the test though because Westfield seem to be unwilling to provide me with a calibration certificate for my speedo with the 13" wheels.

Easy way around the speedo, is to fit the speedo sender to the rear diff driveshaft bolts and run a cable to the speedo. Then you can ignore the certificate.

3 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Easy way around the speedo, is to fit the speedo sender to the rear diff driveshaft bolts and run a cable to the speedo. Then you can ignore the certificate.

Thanks justin, I may well do that.

Just now, CosKev said:

@Valentinik yeah if the wheel/tyre stops the straight edge going vertically from arch to floor it will fail IVA

thanks for the confirmation, i thought that was the case.