Hello

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Hi, just a short note to say hello. I'm planning on building my first Westie, a Mega S2000. I've been driving Scoobies for the past 17 years.

Best regards,

Ian

Hello and welcome; there are a few Mega S2000 builders on here, (I'm one!) And a few Mega S2000 owners with cars on the road.

• Like 1

welcome and good luck.... any questions please ask away, no questions is stupid...

I know, I asked most of them when I was building.

cheers

Panda

Hi Guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Dave I've already read all of your build blog. excellent work. I can only dream of completing mine to the same level of detail and professionalism that you have!

The power of Photoshop and careful camera angles!  ;) 

Have you ordered yet? What sort of build are you planning?  :d  (We love encouraging others to spend! )

hey there...you're not too far from me. great choice of kit, my dream construction project. I just didn't have the patience....

:ww:  :ww:

Are you planning on it being on the road next year?

Stu

I was planning to buy the demo S2000 from Westfield but it took slightly longer than expected to shift my Scooby (12 months!).

What's the expected build hours (realistic not sales blurb!). How many hows for the quality of yours Dave?

I've not ordered yet. I need to recommence discussions with WF about demo drives etc. Though the weather's not looking favourable!

My list includes, FW body, rear roll bar, aero screen, white with black wheel guards....digital dash.....Any hints on sourcing a good engine appreciated. I guess they are as rare as rocking horse droppings, given how popular the mega S2000 has become.

Actually, I don't think the hours shown in the very latest FW style build manual are unrealistic for a good quality build by an amateur with a reasonable selection of tools.

Have no idea how long mines taken so far,  :oops:  I lost lots of time over summer with other (non S2000) things (which helped me loose count)! There's non standard stuff on mine though like the dash/heater/scuttle area which just eats time - the scuttles been test fitted at least two dozen times in the last month or two, checking the alignment of the "new" bits. You wouldn't have that with a standard build.

Sounds a nice spec.

Availability of engines/boxes doesn't seem too bad still whenever I've looked, though milages may be creeping up just a little. But again not excessively. I had to buy a second gearbox, (my first got damaged in transit), I had no problem picking up another with fifty odd thousand miles from an 06 car.

My original engine and box didn't take much searching for, (last November), I got a 2004 set up from a car that had been running, (was 49k miles, just crept over the 50k before the car was stripped), that was from a Honda breaker in Scotland.

if you want something in the thirty thousands, they are out there, but will need more hunting. I wouldn't worry to much personally though. I'm more than happy aiming for something with around 50/60 k on it.

Engine & Gbox found. WFC Can't deliver a kit until Jan though 8-(. It will be one clean and shiny engine by then though!

• Like 1

First thing you need to do after making a cup of tea is to start a build thread of your own. :t-up: