Chriscooper1

Hi everyone got a couple of questions..

1) I've got a 4yr old girl who loves her daddy's westi but she is to small to sit in it safely, has anybody got any suggestions to fit her in safely?

2) I've got twin 40 dellorto carbs and wondered where best to get a new air cleaner for it? Thanks in advance, Chris.

What belts and seats have you got

I tried a car seat with my grp buckets and harness and wasnt happy

Ebay sell pancake mesh filters and sausage foam filters for webers/dellortos

Whats wrong with yours ?

Ebay used to have some polycyrene (spelling?) booster seats that either fir or can be easily cut to fit. The other thing is to tie the staps together behind her neck.

But if she's too small for a booster i think she'll have to wait.

If you have k&n filters they can br cleaned and reoiled or have a look at demon tweeks website etc for pipercross or similat.

• Like 1

Sorry, can't help on the seats side, but it might be worth finding out what your current air cleaner(s) are. (Try popping up a photo if it helps, someone may recognise them.)

Unlike the average tin top air filter, quite a few of those used on Westfields are actually cleanable, so unless physically damaged, don't often need replacing.

Thanks everyone, the air cleaner is just looking a bit aged, was going to get a new one with piper cross on or something similar, as for my daughter I might try the polystyrene and see if I can trim it to fit the seat she's desperate to go out in it.

AshoverFestivalofLight14020_zps703302ed.

Try a PM to Rickyboy100?(I think),  he came on a run out with his 3 year old daughter a few weeks ago. Maybe he can help you with the child seat problem.

Hope that helps,

Julie

• Like 1

Hi I talked to the police about the seat issue ad i had the same with my son and I was told as long as they are boosted to the right height it's fine.

So I took a large cushion and folded it into a small cushion case this made a booster pad that sits on the bottom of the seat fine.

strapping him in I tighten the belts and then tuck the ends back under the cross belt so they don't fly about.

He has sunglasses on to cut the wind into his eyes and loves it.

Hope that helps

Paul

• Like 1

My five year old and seven year old have been blatting with me since they were three. As has been said, the cheap polystyrene boosters can easily be trimmed to fit fibreglass seats. Some 2 inch foam under and behind them helps them fit the harness better.

Old sofa cushion for my boys, cut down and recovered in some left over vinyl

And a set of ear protection of some sort might be worth while?

• Like 1

And a set of ear protection of some sort might be worth while?

Yep, foam earplugs for mine when they are out with me

Yep, foam earplugs for mine when they are out with me

:yes:

Exhaust and engine noise are the things everyone thinks about, but in reality, wind noise builds very rapidly with any sort of speed to very high levels at some quite nasty frequencies for delicate young ears. (I don't mean excessive speed either - obviously, with a little un in the car you tend to go a tad slower, so it's easy to miss)

• Like 2

This is the start of a slippery slope for the poor kid. :d

I'd recommend K&Ns, but it depends on what you've got room for or holes in the bonnet.  Cleaner and oil, plus replacement elements (for when you've had a bit of an induction fire) are available from eurocarb/dellorto up the road