SteveD is a trendsetter

bhouse

Well, SteveD got there first but it seems that Britain's august academic institutions are now

catching up!

It must be true its from one of them there Universities. SteveD for an honorary Doctorate.

Bob :d

What get out of the shower to use the sink, you would get the floor wet.

Bob :p

Saving water......... A finite resource, once it's gone, it's gone.

Because obviously somebody is pumping all of the planets water into space, our drains all lead to mini teleporters that send all our waste water to Mars. We live in a giant jam jar, so where else could it be going?

This is like De Ja Vu

Popcorn here we come!

This is like De Ja Vu

Popcorn here we come!

It means there's been a change in the Matrix..... :p

Because obviously somebody is pumping all of the planets water into space, our drains all lead to mini teleporters that send all our waste water to Mars. We live in a giant jam jar, so where else could it be going?

It's going nowhere, just gets re-cycled by  planet earth and some by human non natural intervention.

Quite right! I wonder where the water goes and where it comes from as all the water is still here...

Excuses to put our utility bills up perhaps?

Now maybe it's just me, but if they can't process the stuff to make it drinkable fast enough, then perhaps they should invest in increasing water processing capacity instead of paying the CEO his/her £1m+ a year salary.

Oh and how about fixing some leaks?

Water shortages and hose pipe bans - We all know what happens when you choke the supply of any consumer product.

Water should be free as basic human right, the water companies should be a non-profit making organisations backed by the govt.

In the 60s I got thrown out of the public swimming baths for shall we say  (Saving Water )

"But everybody does it " I complained .

"Ah yes " Said the attendant ,        "but not of the top board". 

• Like 1

They are probably making the basic (almost certainly incorrect) assumption that university students have a shower EVERY day (I suspect it's more like every TERM).

As for saving the planet and millions of pounds in the process, this is another one of those extrapolated "what ifs" that's as likely to happen as every single resident in the UK sending me a £1 coin (thereby boosting my financial status by over £64 million)

Oh I do love Excel and tree huggers.

And the shear mention of Npower sponsoring the "Challenge" sends shudders down my spine :angry:

(buns are on the way ............... :d :d :d :d )

Reverse osmosis is our saviour. Probably better to drink refined sea water than re-circulated P*ss and female hormones. Nowt wrong with a little mercury or cadmium.

Bob :d

They are probably making the basic (almost certainly incorrect) assumption that university students have a shower EVERY day (I suspect it's more like every TERM).

...and are definitely making the assumption that they're not already doing it (or using the sink in their room).   Not that any student ever would of course...