URGENT OWNER I.D. HELP NEEDED - Q78 JTT

Captain Colonial

Sorry for the caps but needed your attention.

Does anyone know who owns Westfield registration Q78 JTT, dark blue body and bonnet with yellow cycle wings, yellow rear arches and yellow nose cone, stick-on front number plate and partial weather gear please - I have important information for the owner.  The car is located in the Shrewsbury area.

PM me urgently if you can assist - thanks.

Left his lights on? ;)

Far more serious I fear, but nothing of the owner's doing I'm betting.  Would rather not say more at this point.

Doesn't ring any bells tbh, I work in Shrewsbury and live not far away.

If there's anything you think I could help with please ask :)

• Like 1

Ta - I've emailed every member past and present who lives in the SY post code area as well.

Not showing as insured on Askmid nor taxed on DVLA (ran out 5/8 it says) so may not be running if that's at all helpful.  Does have MoT til December though

Yep, that is helpful and confirms my suspicions - ta.

I saw one fitting this description as for sale in Pistonheads a couple of days ago, it's not there now.

If it is anything that is criminal then the police could get the details and contact the owner Scott.

The club isn't the only avenue being pursued to find the owner. But at this point the Police apparently can't help.

In other words, someone is trying to sell it that isn't the legit owner - and as no crime has taken place, the police have other things to do :arse:

Why do we always have to wait for a crime to be committed before they react - really hacks me off :angry:

Won't an insurance company have access to the DVLA database (everyone else has apparently !) - perhaps A Plan could help?

In other words, someone is trying to sell it that isn't the legit owner - and as no crime has taken place, the police have other things to do :arse:

Please try and avoid speculating, particularly when like now you're wrong.

Scott has his reasons for not disclosing the facts. It's just important that we can try to make contact the owner if possible to pass on an important message to them.

Thanks for your attention on this one, which is, for now anyway, as sorted as can be.  Still no idea who the owner is, but the situation was that the Westfield in question was left on someone's driveway in Shrewsbury without a clue as to why.  The resident contacted the police, who weren't interested as it hadn't been reported stolen; and the council, who were even less interested.  He then contacted the committee and asked for assistance.

I contacted the factory with the details, but they were unable to help, so I called the police again and explained why the owner might not be aware it might have been stolen - they then understood and agreed to contact the registered owner and call me back (they didn't call back).  I also spoke with the local AO Nic and emailed every member past and present in the SY postcode area - no luck.

Anyway, the car has now been collected.  Whether it was collected by the owner or by thieves, I have no idea, but I did everything I could to contact the owner.  All rather bizarre, though... :suspect:???

it had probably run out of petrol/electrical charge/moved TPS/gearbox bolts sheared/ (delete as appropriate) :-) 

it had probably run out of petrol/electrical charge/moved TPS/gearbox bolts sheared/ (delete as appropriate) :-) 

Ah, but as was mentioned before, no insurance or VED... ???:suspect: so made me think perhaps stolen from someone's garage and the owner didn't know it, hence my initial posting caution.