Blasting and powder coating, north west.

jim_l

As a guide I'm just about to have my Westfield chassis and aluminium panels powder coated. Based on phone calls and sending photos to a local company they have give me a rough cost of £250 for everything. That includes blasting the chassis, preparing the panels and then using a priming coat prior to the final finish.

Given the number of items being done they have also said I can gave as many different colours as I like, although it will all probably end up black.

Shipley too far?  If not, Triple S get some good reviews (and I've been happy with what they've done for me).

Budslater thanks for that should have googled it myself, will note that place for the future.

Cheers

Bob :d

did you get this done, only just seen the post. i got my chassis prepped and coated in a place down near the matchworks in Speke. the whole thing was only about 120 quid all in.

Not done yet Dom, APC in Manchester keeps coming up so is the most likely provider.  Will suggest the one near the matchworks, any specifics? lots of businesses around there.

Cheers all for the suggestions,

Jim

hmmm cant find them on yell so maybe they have gone? i cant remember how i found them before but i did have to go down to talk to some one about it rather than phone. i keep seeing lorries coming out of that region with stuff that looks like its been coated so i assumed they were still there. did find a few places about in liverpool and birkenhead while looking.

• 1 month later...

Due to a new job I couldn't get to my usual powdercoater's so I have used superior coatings in Leyland.

I only had some engine mountings ,headlamp brackets and some odds and sods to have blasted and coated dropped off on Tuesday ready Wednesday price was ok quality good .

Superior have a oven well big enough to take a Westfield chassis and also do phosphate coating if you want it .

Just thought I would give them a mention in case anybody needed anything doing.

Due to a new job I couldn't get to my usual powdercoater's so I have used superior coatings in Leyland.

I only had some engine mountings ,headlamp brackets and some odds and sods to have blasted and coated dropped off on Tuesday ready Wednesday price was ok quality good .

Superior have a oven well big enough to take a Westfield chassis and also do phosphate coating if you want it .

Just thought I would give them a mention in case anybody needed anything doing.

We service all the paint plant and gas burners at Superior - nice people

Rob

Yep agree really nice and interested in doing bits that are a change from their normal stuff , showed me some off the stuff that they had in ,Landrover chassis and some Lambretta stuff.

24 hr turn round was fantastic !