A cringe-worthy moment...

Captain Colonial

It's not a swear word......it's what bears do in the woods.....and the other is what fertilises all my hens !

If it's good enough for the BBC ( Clarkson & May referring to Audi drivers ) it's good enough for me.

Can't believe all the fuss......posting ban and all ......laughable !

Not as ridiculous as the WSC Ltd /Steve D business though ......I personally take my hat off to the fella.

Graham if you don't like the rules or their implementation than put your hand up next time the committee nominations come around. Until then please button it or atleast keep it to pm's.

• Like 3

Taking the moral high ground over a mild swear word after trashing some poor b******d's truck seems a bit loopy to me.

Think everyone should chill out with a beer and some guns...

Think everyone should chill out with a beer and some guns...

Well I like the beer idea, in fact I've several chilling in the fridge and by my watch it's beer o'clock Not bothered about the guns though, had enough contact with them in a previous life.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Not our finest hour gents

Bob

• Like 1

And is there some history between you and the Floridians?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Not our finest hour gents

Bob

[back to the Redneck theme...]  Popcorn?  Dang!  I ordered a cheeseburger!

[back to the Redneck theme...]  Popcorn?  Dang!  I ordered a cheeseburger!

Did you want fries with that..?

• Like 1

Very cringe worthy indeed. Club Chairman has a dig at somebody who has redneck plates on his truck, presumably for a joke or ironically, then gets the hump when somebody utters the s word.

• Like 2

Guy’s, before this thread degenerates into a personal attack against our chairman, please take note that any decision to moderate against a member is made by a minimum of 3-committee members and not by a sole individual.

Right, with Martin's post, that's well and truly it.  I've bitten my tongue and soaked up totally unjustified and untrue personal digs aimed at me without any comment, but there's a limit and it's been reached.

Yes, I had a dig at the fact that someone has "redneck" plates on his vehicle and at the state of Florida for producing them - the fact that's it a pickup truck is neither here nor there as I clearly indicated in my OP if the time is taken to actually read it.  Redneck in the American sense of the word as shown here is absolutely nothing to proud of - quite the opposite in fact, it's extremely offensive and inflammatory to many, many people in America.  Whoever has this truck either doesn't realise what the term "redneck" REALLY means and needs to be made aware of it, or they are aware of it and are utter jerks and deserving of public criticism.  And as I'm American, I'm especially entitled to say that.  Those plates are an absolute embarrassment, and if you don't think they are, you need to do a bit of research.

I did NOT "get the hump" when Graham swore (twice).  His swearing by deliberate misspelling to bypass the filter was against the rules that he publicly acknowledged he knew and was subsequently reported by several members to the Moderation Team who applied the compulsory ban - again, the Moderation Team took the decision, not me.  And it was Graham who publicly announced he'd had a posting ban, not the Moderation Team, who keep these matters private.

Finally, regardless of my position within the club, I'm entitled to an opinion just like anyone else.  My opinion is that bragging about being a bigot, whether accidentally or intentionally, is cringe-worthy.  If you think it isn't, then I'm sad for you but that's your right.  If you disagree with me, email or PM me by all means, my email address is on the bottom of every one of my posts - I don't hide behind a forum handle.

This thread was meant to point out that the term redneck is not a clever thing to bandy about in public.  It turned into an unprovoked and slanderous attack on me including swearing, followed by comments clearly made without having read the OP or understanding the situation.  As this thread has rumbled on and degenerated beyond repair, and nothing will fix or enhance it, it's being locked.  As I'm not the bad guy here and have done absolutely nothing wrong, I'm not issuing an apology, but as has been said before, you're free to stand or vote against me in April.

*message ends*

• Like 4