New Owner - Fiat Twin-Cam SEi Narrowbody

benedwards64

So, jobs for winter:

New dash set-up (argh, electrics!)

New longer and softer shocks and springs all round, plus another set-up at NMS

Purchase tow-hook (and possibly new tow-car)

Get noise-tested somewhere…

Well, three out of four achieved so far! Albeit not necessarily as originally planned...

As I kind of suspected, it turned out that the underlying wiring was pretty bodge-tastic, so it didn't take a lot of persuasion for me to throw in the towel and call in the professionals!

First up, a test for the tow-car:

temporary_zpsa5444737.jpg

Off to NMS!

I delivered the car with no dash, wires hanging everywhere and only the ignition and starter connected. A few conversation with Troy and Steve (during which I briefly considered a replacement digital setup and a few other bits and pieces) and we settled on a fabricated bare aluminium dash with BCF's old gauges and a new set of switchgear. The final set-up I pretty much left to Steve after seeing various different options, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

After a slightly extended stay at NMS - a combination of my car needing more work than expected and NMS having a hell of a workload (victims of their own success!) I'm really happy with the new dash setup. Troy also very kindly balanced the R1 carbs for me so it runs beautifully now! And they even organised delivering the car to me as I couldn't get up there for a couple of weeks - very much appreciated.

Quick run out yesterday evening after some fresh fuel:

temporary_zpsdrhswioi.jpg

temporary_zpsfmaowypm.jpg

temporary_zpsfmjqqkdo.jpg

temporary_zpsjof97krf.jpg

temporary_zpswbluk0sp.jpg

It doesn't come across all that well in photos, but the texture and finish of the bare ally dash is very, very cool... 

And a full house again!

temporary_zpsnwnknqxj.jpg

Next job is to give it an oil service at the weekend and then get out and enjoy it. And then think about some suspension..... :)

• Like 2