New Owner - Fiat Twin-Cam SEi Narrowbody

benedwards64

Booked in at Northampton Motorsport to have the suspension sorted, not for a few weeks though as they're pretty booked up on Saturdays. Fingers crossed :)

It never ceases to amaze me what engines are getting put into these now. A Fiat twin-cam is an interesting choice. An old 131 Mirafiori I had ran one of those and it went like stink even as a four door saloon!

You've got a very good car there by the look of it :)

Thank you! Well it makes a change from Ford engines I guess ;)

The engine build spec has made for a very 'cammy' power delivery - it'll potter along quite happily around the lanes but as soon as you hit about 4k it properly flies. When it hits cam it'll fly up to the 7.5k red-line in no time! I took my dad out in it for the first time this weekend, the look on his face was priceless :d

Booked in at Northampton Motorsport to have the suspension sorted, not for a few weeks though as they're pretty booked up on Saturdays. Fingers crossed :)

hope you don't mind me asking - but what's the cost for setting up suspension at NMS (I really need mine doing as well as a carb tune - wonder if they do bogof's  :rolleyes: )

Speaking to them today, costs were estimated at £200+VAT or thereabouts. Of course it varies car to car but that should give you an idea - they will try and make the best of the existing setup before looking at replacement shocks/springs etc. Apparently the chap there (who's name I didn't catch) used to run a westie with a Fiat TC so I'll probably end up picking his brains on the engine set-up as well :)

As far as I could gather, they only book one car per day for suspension set-ups on Saturdays so they're not rushing. I've been told to get there for 9am and we should be done around lunchtime - looks like you're not far away so feel free to pop down if you want to have a nosey and see what's going on :) - I'm there on Saturday 13th from 9am.

NMS did mine, we'll worth it

I recommend a trip to the golden sausage cafe just down the road for a brekky whilst they start the setup, you will be back in time to see the final stages then

Ben,  as a local to NPton let me know when you are there and I will make sure I call by and take you the Giggling Sausage (as suggested by Gary Lucas)  on London Rd, or the super sausage II next to the Sofa King outlet where the prices are "sofa king Low".  

As my waistline will allude to I am a regular at the Giggling Sausage - winner of Cafe of the year i think….

Cheers

Very kind :)

Well I'm due on the 13th September, will confirm nearer the time and see if you're around :)

excellent - i will try and get down there - i live 4 miles away :-) 

Hi Ben

When you have sorted your article and pictures send them to Peter Osbourne editor of Westfield World at editor@wscc.co.uk.

There are a lot of members who do not frequent the Boardroom, I am sure they would enjoy reading about your car.

Ben,  as a local to NPton let me know when you are there and I will make sure I call by and take you the Giggling Sausage (as suggested by Gary Lucas)  on London Rd, or the super sausage II next to the Sofa King outlet where the prices are "sofa king Low".  

As my waistline will allude to I am a regular at the Giggling Sausage - winner of Cafe of the year i think….

Cheers

So the Cobblers town is dominated by sausages,    Golden Sausage and Giggling Sausage cafe's :d    Is there no Mighty Sausage for you James?

So the Cobblers town is dominated by sausages,    Golden Sausage and Giggling Sausage cafe's :d    Is there no Mighty Sausage for you James?

Errr..... Cobblers :cry:

Now if you said Northampton Saints 2013/20014 European Challenge Cup and Aviva Premiership winners........ :d  :d  Only real men eat sausages   :t-up:

Hi Ben

When you have sorted your article and pictures send them to Peter Osbourne editor of Westfield World at editor@wscc.co.uk.

There are a lot of members who do not frequent the Boardroom, I am sure they would enjoy reading about your car.

Thanks Nic. I'll probably wait a few weeks until the suspension is sorted etc, hopefully I'll have a bit more to write about by then ;)

Sooty, I believe there is a club for footballists in Northampton - I prefer the original Northampton Football Club of rugger :-) 

I'm a rugby guy as well.    The football team used the Cobblers name as it was the Northampton Town nickname first.