Mega Mighty Crossflow Clearout ALL GONE

B.RAD

Edit: dry sump setup still available, everything else now sold.

As I am on to pastures new, it is time to pass on the mighty crossflow collection that I have gathered. List below, photos available on request. All prices exclude postage, obviously the engines and cylinder heads would need to be collected.

Dry sump set up:

• Pace oil tank, Titan 5 port dry sump pump, Piper dry sump pan, remote oil filter. Over £1000 worth of dry sump setup. Will include all pipework etc although you may wish to change this to suit your routing. £offers
Engines:

• Rebuilt 711m short block, just bored and honed by Headline MK to plus 90thou to make it a 1700. 1300 pistons (for higher compression, takes it from 9:1 to 10.5:1), standard conrods and crank (crank reground +10thou), Kent 234 cam, single vernier timing gear. 3 fresh coats of black engine enamel. Cost me £500 in parts and machining so just looking to recover that cost. Will provide a brand new set of gaskets and covers etc if needed. £500
  • Rebuilt 711m short block, rebuilt 800 miles ago with 1300 pistons (10.5:1 compression ratio), standard conrods, crank reground +30thou, Vegantune VT2 (same as Kent 244) cam, duplex vernier timing gear and chain. Made 130bhp at Northampton Motorsports in June this year. Available in September (currently in car) £500
  • 711m engine block, bored out +90thou and skimmed but this was before my time, so I would suggest checking for tolerance before building up £50
Cylinder Heads etc:
  • Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported (very large), just had new guides fitted and a skim at Headline MK at a cost of £180 (head and valves only), will paint black or red as preferred! £200
  • Big valve cylinder head, exhaust and inlet ported, double valve springs, steel post rockers, checked by Headline MK 800 miles ago and confirmed to be in great condition. Fresh black enamel paint. £275
  • Standard 1600 cylinder head, complete, looks good but I haven't tested it £100
  • Rocker set with steel posts £40
  • Rocker cover with two breather vent caps £20
Cams, cranks and timing gears:
  • 1600GT cam with matched 711m followers £25
  • Brand new Piper BP270 fast road cam with matched brand new single springs £100
  • Good spare 1600 crank £20
  • Standard timing gear and chain £5
Ancillaries:
  • Distributer (vac type) complete £10
  • Water pump x 2 £5 each
  • Oil pump x 2 £5 each
  • Mechanical fuel pump x 2 £5 each
  • Standard alternator (untested) £10
  • Starter motor £10
Any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers

Barny

Hi BCF,

Don the AO for the Black country sent an email seeking a crossflow block for another member, if you want I can PM you his details, unless he has already seen this post and been in contact.

Hi Rusty, no contact yet so by all means point him in my direction or drop me his details :)

Cheers

Barny

Will you please ship to Nigeria, I offer you £3,500 and will pay additional £5,000 on receiving the goods to make it worth your while. To complete transaction just need your bank details, D.O.B, N.I number, passport number, full name and address and your mothers maiden name; I appreciate this may seem excessive details I require but need for me to enable transfer via my Nigerian westernunion a/c...................................

Sorry Barney, couldn't resist :p   Somebody would be able to keep their mighty crossflow running for another 100 years with that lot :laugh:   GLWTS mate :t-up:

• Like 1

Cheers Christian, you could always upgrade your motor you know ;) Take the prices above and add 20% for mates rates :d

If the blocks don't sell, I'm still tempted to take Phil up on his offer of maching a flat 8 out of them!! Can you imagine?!?

30% and we would have had a deal :d

Flat 8, now that would be something special but just think of the oil consumption!!  

I'm sure they won't be around for very long :t-up:

Barney - perhaps we need a pint and a chat, youve obviously lost your mind selling all this kit.... i hope the "affair" with Dave's XE is worth it!!! :p

• Like 1

Barney - perhaps we need a pint and a chat, youve obviously lost your mind selling all this kit.... i hope the "affair" with Dave's XE is worth it!!! :p

I've heard it's a right "goer" James, should be well worth the hassle  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

hehehe I know - its a lovely looking engine. I hope it goes well for Barney next season :-)

Barny

I'd list them on Exchange and Mart or go to another steam rally with them.  Not many cross flow users have access to ebay  :p

• Like 4

Barny

I'd list them on Exchange and Mart or go to another steam rally with them.  Not many cross flow users have access to ebay  :p

Ouch! :oops:

David, thats uncalled for when the mightiness is so strong in young Barney… we have dial up internet now in northants dont you know 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.