Twin engined westie

TAFKARM

Anyone driven one? Interested to see how they go....

I seem to recall Tiff was trying to beat the 0-60-0 record in it and messed up the gear change and put a rod through the block.

Chris was not impressed.  He had shown Tiff how to drive it several times but he just couldn't get it right.

I seem to recall Tiff was trying to beat the 0-60-0 record in it and messed up the gear change and put a rod through the block.

Chris was not impressed.  He had shown Tiff how to drive it several times but he just couldn't get it right.

Yep, that's the problem. Now if you could get some electronics to sort it out life would be far more interesting :d

Mad, bonkers - yes, they did seem all the rage but suspect the extra hassle of two of everything (and getting the same gears / bhp etc to 4 wheels must have been a nightmare)

I think others took the bike engine technology and went in this direction

http://www.radicalperformanceengines.com/Powertec-Macroblock-v8/

Oh, if only I had the money ;):rolleyes::o

Tiff was the problem ... not the car.  Chris went faster than that .. several times demonstrating to Tiff.

The red one is indeed a pre-lit Westfield - originally developed and owned by David Jones - ex Speed Series Champion  :d :d :d

I remember this car too (the red pre-lit) David was running that while most of us were in lightly modified road going Cross Flows and CVH engined cars. So was something very special (and quick) back then :d :d

David could really dive it too. :t-up:

I have often wondered what happened to this car and its whether David still competes in something else

Tim Duncan's car was done as already noted by Chris at Z cars , Tim also started Aerodynamix as such with making the low level Aeroscreen that you see on his car . 

There used to be a fantastic website he showed the development / making of the car which was just the one dot net if I remember correctly but it has now expired which is a real shame . 

Two engines are great , some of my family race Autograss Class 10 cars and run twin bike , as Nick has noted gear selections can be troublesome but generally now are quite reliable . My brothers car runs about 360bhp , they did run Shakespeare county drag strip and pulled some impressive times with their old cars ( which were slower than the new one ) , I can't imagine how quick a pair of these would be in a Westy , has crossed my mind once or twice .......

Here's a short video of a few years ago with twin GSXR1000 power :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i53b-JYVKhs

And another one with too much traction on slicks , ending up on its roof : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eel_yYfDFxE

Twin bike engines are indeed all the rage in Autograss racing, that's where Chris Allanson first proved the concept with a twin Honda CBR 1000 powered racer.

And they are indeed awesome, I know, I bought one myself in May. Mine has two Aprilia RSV twin motors. The noise is trouser-tightening, the acceleration off the line incredible!!! :d 8)

• Like 1

That looks awesome. 

petescar21.jpg

had this in for repair ,the owner stuffed it on a track day from memory , can i say i that i repaired it ? mind it was modified before it arrived with me ,calling julian

• Like 2

Wuv, you can say you repaired it. It has been modified and is clearly no longer a Westfield anymore. WSC have grossed on the owner to VOSA... ;)

On a cheery note, I had a ride in Tim's old car at Curborough once... Damn...