'Yorkshire Air Ambulance' at Flamborough - now Saturday 16 August

Rory's Dad

Right Martin, up for it shrimps and crab made the difference :d  :d  :d  I have sent you a PM need best route for meeting you, not had much response from the Lancashire crew :down:  :down: 

Steve

A roads - A59 until Harrogate.  Straight over A61 and A59 roundabouts onto A661 for Wetherby.  From Wetherby down A1(S) turn off at A64 and turn right on A64 towards Leeds.  F&G two miles on LHS in the middle of nowhere. Time one and half to 2hrs.  

Alternatively M62 onto M1(N) south of leeds. Then onto A1(N) and turn left onto A64 then as above.  Same time I guess.

Good luck - keep smelling the seafood!!

Hope you all have a good un...

Weather should be OK.

Arrived at Fox & Grapes first here :-) weather better here than Lancashire

i'm on kiddie duty.... :-( 

How do we do it??  Maybe a drop of rain on the way there but nothing at Flamborough and nothing on the way back.  Bloomin' windy though!  Went via the scenic route on the way there, nice spot to park up at the holiday park although we had a longer than expected walk back into the village for shrimps and crabs (£6 each!), nice pint of Adnams, collected £32 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance and had a great drive home.  SteveL made a C2C of it.  Why??  His fishmonger in Lytham St Annes sell his crabs from - yes you've guessed it - from Bridlington - but at twice the price!!

Crackin' day and hope Steve, Julie and Glen, Richard Marsh, Chris Shaw and Barry Wilson enjoyed it as much as I did and got home safely.

• Like 1

What another fantastic day. Gorgeous cars, lovely people, great weather and all for a good cause. Much respect to Steve and Mario for their long journey and thank you to Mrs Livesey and Mrs Mario for letting them come. Thank you to Richard for leading the cheeky scenic way into Flamborough and missing all the traffic. I liked the upgrade that Martin proudly showed me on his car. He has upgraded the dust to a cobweb, beat that if you can. It was nice to meet Chris for the first time and lovely to see Barry and Andrew, the next generation of Westfield fans (Andrew not Barry).

Speaking to a local Marlin owner who tells me there is a car show at Sewerby (3 miles away) next weekend, can we fit that in as well as Oulton Park I wonder?

Pictures of the day show the initial gathering at the Fox and Grapes. A picture with most people on it taken at a busy time, then two pictures of the cars lined up. The caravan behind is for sale at a cost of £26000, chances of selling a caravan with these cars stood next to them.....no comparison.

Flamborough2014004_zpsb5429a20.jpg

Flamborough2014010_zps989faf1b.jpg

Flamborough2014014_zps4bc5fce7.jpg

Flamborough2014016_zps66b13bfd.jpg

I liked the upgrade that Martin proudly showed me on his car. He has upgraded the dust to a cobweb, beat that if you can.

Look - I've not been well  :laugh:

Fantastic day my first Coast to Coast for a few years myself and Mario really enjoyed it  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

302 miles for these two beauties  :)  :)  :)

5574232c-24c9-43de-9a06-388198579108.jpg

I think Martin's spider flew off his car when we were behind him ...nearly as big as one of my crabs  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

Great to meet everybody today ..got to say I thought I kept a clean car till I saw Julie and Glen's car and thanks for the overflow pipe :yes:

Thanks for organising Martin your a star ..could see you were in a lot of discomfort after your op

PS this is what Westfielding is all about not all this other rubbish that is going on 

• Like 2

PS this is what Westfielding is all about not all this other rubbish that is going on

Well said Steve!

Cheers Martin for organising this and great thanks to Julie and Glenn for the photos especially as my car looked really clean in the photos (I will get back to you about the Gold Cup)

Barry,,, and Andrew.

• Like 1