MX-5 Build Started

lewis

You'll want to fit the rear wishbones and pedals before rivetting those panels on. Suspect you've planned to do this whilst the panels are away for powdercoating but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I have a load of bits missing at the powdercoaters still, apparently the track is broken there. Hoping it is fixed soon.

You'll want to fit the rear wishbones and pedals before rivetting those panels on. Suspect you've planned to do this whilst the panels are away for powdercoating but thought I'd mention it just in case.

I hadn't planned on fitting the rear wishbones or pedals first (I'm re-reading your build thread again now) so will do that.

i was missing the same bits as you my wishbones are still at the powder coaters and i had te get the grp panel after it wasnt in my kit

How long have you been waiting for the wishbones?

only for a week and half i was told they would be in this week. i had planned on fitting most things i could before fitting the panels tbh. the manual isnt that indepth so i was just gonna do waht i thought i could do with the panels

Fingers crossed I can collect mine late this week/early next week then  :t-up:

Throttle cable will be too short anyway! I have one if you want it but I used a longer one from Ebay.

P.s I am trying to find the part number for those clips i used!

Throttle cable will be too short anyway! I have one if you want it but I used a longer one from Ebay.

Do you have links to the one on eBay?

I had to cut mine to length - wonder if any other MX5 builders have found this.

Hmm perhaps I was given the wrong one then! It did reach but only just and with the movement on the engine would have broke it in no time at all!

This is what i used...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331146699897?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1049wt_904

Shaun

I used the Mazda cable without modifications. I did modify the throttle pedal ear with a slot. Mine is LHD so may be different.

• 1 month later...

Got a busy weekend of building coming up this weekend and have been thinking about suspension this week. I want to start with good setup from the start and after all the research on here I think Protech is the way to go. What else will I need in order to fit them to my chassis and standard wishbone? Also is it best to get them from WF or another supplier? Thanks.

The rear lower shocker mounts will need a sleeve in that you should have with the starter kit as the mazda uprights use a 10mm? retaining bolt that is different to the 7/16ths? westfield shockers , make sure the mounting holes in whatever make you go for are westfield std.