Mazda SDV Build Diary

BenD

Footrest panel should work. They may tell you it won't fit as it won't clear the clutch slave cylinder. It does, so keep pressing.

Yeah a few builds were standard, mine wasn't and I had to buy it as an extra. I wonder if at some point someone said it didn't fit and it went from there.

I definitely do t have one so it must not come as standard any more. Because I only had three parts missing on collection and it wasn't the footrest panel

Those are the "known missing" bits! It's the ones no one knows about that catch you out.

That said, I've had very little missing that way, this time round.

Diff mounting bolts and the spacers for the diff bump stop cups off the donor car.  Always missing from the Mazda SDV kit...there are others but these seem to be every time.

I haven't really had chance to get in the garage to look through all my parts since picking it up. I'll chase that foot rest panel and check all my parts tommorow

So I had a look  through my parts tonigh. Do Westfield not supply m6 bolts and set screws in the starter kit because I don't have any at all lol 

The only m6 bolts I had in my kit were 2 for the triangular bracket to support the nose and 1 for the 3 way brake union. I had the footrest supplied as standard as that was in a March 2014 supplied kit.

When you phone them up ask them for 2 of the spacers for the handbrake as they are supplied with the starter kit.

i have the spacers already just no bolts to use. im pinching your idea witht eh countersunk pins as i have those readily available for the handbreak anyways. i dont have the bolts for the brake union either but i have thos at work aswell. just my footrest panel i need

Got my footrest panel yesterday just struggling for time to get in the garage and get some work done on the car

enjoy the journey  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: it's a long one  :)