Been infected for 5 days now...

John K

Hello All,

I’ve now had my first Westie for 5 days and I still haven’t stopped grinning.

The decision that I was going to have a Westie was made by a very good friend of mine (Graham, a besotted Westfield fan) about 4 years ago.

He knew where there was a nice one that might be going for sale and basically nagged me - more effectively than my wife has ever done - every week until I gave up and bought the damn thing.

My wife also needs a mention as she finds the whole thing utter perplexing, the conversation went something like this.

"You’ve bought a car you have never seen..?"

"err, yes"

"And you’ve never driven it..?"

"err, no"

"So how do you know its OK?"

"Because my friend who knows them better than I do, because I’ve never seen one, has checked it for me"

"But if you’ve never sat in it, how will you know if its comfortable?"

"You don’t know much about the whole Westfield concept do you... Comfort isn’t really supposed to be part of the experience. If you want comfort, get some slippers"

"You are utterly mad, completely insane"

"Yes petal" (whilst thinking silently that 26 years of cohabitation tends to do that to a man...)

So on Thursday I trekked up north by train to collect it and drive home.

And it also means my first drive in a Westie started in the drizzle and ended 130 miles away, with no motor ways, one rush hour and nearly 4 hours later, safe and sound at home. Quite a first trip.

I suppose I should tell you what I have bought (as much as you will ever know what you bought with a 5th hand 22 year old Westie)

Put it this way, a piece of paper I found in a box says:

1,700 X-Flow Vulcan Block

Stage 4 head

Twin 40 DCOEs

244 Cam

Balanced, nitrated crank

Hopefully there will be room for me in the madhouse other wise known as the WSCC...

Cheers JK

• Like 1

Welcome to the mad house that can solve all your technical problems but not upgraditis which is incurable

Welcome to the mad house that can solve all your technical problems but not upgraditis which is incurable

Yes, I've been infected with Premature Upgraditis - I started upgrading before I'd started building and now I'm actually building, the disease is getting out of control (but I'm strangely happy)  :d

Oh - yes, welcome aboard!

Sounds like your going to fit right in here

Welcome to a fun new way of life :)

Oh, there's plenty of room here in the nuthouse (said the head nut).   :ww: aboard and enjoy!

Welcome aboard, long may the enjoyment continue…... :laugh:

Coming up to my first year of infection this week, and loving it.

That grin will always be there ...........welcome and enjoy 

Welcome, had mine 52 days and still grinning like a Cheshire Cat! I sometimes sit in mine in the garage at night contemplating, wife says I'm as mad as a bucket of frogs! I tell her it's a westfield thing.

You won't regret your purchase, just find any excuse to get out for a blat. If it's sunny and we run out of milk I'm like a kid again shouting " I'll go I'll go ". Mind you shop is a quater of a mile away but it's a two hour round trip!

Mighty intro and a great choice of engine - treat yourself to a pint and tell them I said so.... Magic !!   :)

Welcome. There's no turning back now.