just started mazda SDV

daveq92

I'd 100% agree with that.

Just to add that I think a standard 1.6 would work equally well with a 4.1 diff simply because of the weight saving benefits of putting it in the Westfield.

Agreed - also a 3.9 diff with a standard 1.8 would probably work quite well

well thanks for all the info guys, as it happens my donor mx is a 1.8 Harvard so all should be good and I am looking at upgrading the engine ie cams and head unless you have any other ideas..?

Cams, head and ideally ecu is a very good step to take. Spk to Richard or Fraser at Blink :) Get your injectors cleaned as well :)

hi all, shocks and springs came yesterday and I ordered the fuel line and front Ball joints should be here tomorrow. I'll work on getting some pics on here in the meantime. That's about it for now as I can't work on mx for a few weeks just in case Dvla want a butchers.

Just a quick question for you westie guys,has anyone used bike carbs?

Yes quite a few now, they're proving increasingly popular!

I'm not sure if anyone has tried them on the Mazda engine yet? I've got a set of bike ITB's that I may try if I get round to fabricating a manifold, but head, cams and ecu will come first. I believe the standard inlet is good for about 145bhp.

I have been speaking to a couple local mechanics and said they would go that route and I'm inclined to agree be nice to know if anyone else has put them on a Mazda build,I was wondering if I did go that route would I need the same fuel line set up or just the one feed. I must admit the thought of no ecu appeals,back to basics great !!

Standard inlet is very good on the mx5 engines. Hence why there is so little bhp gain in going to ITB

tried using photobucket opened an account uploaded a few photos but I am damned if I can copy the IMG code, do you need a plus account does anyone know.

think I might have cracked it ! here goes

You don't need a plus account, I tend to use the ipad app but it's the same as online. I just select the picture I want, click on the 'chain link' button, then click on the 'IMG Codes' and paste this 'address' into your forum post.

It won't look like a picture when you paste it in, just a web address, but the picture will show after you hit 'post'

I think I've explained it ok, took me a couple of goes before I got it, I was copying the wrong part I think...

Keep trying, and good luck ;)