New mega s2000 owner

Bow1build

Hi there just thought as I own a new westfield might as well start sharing my experiences on the right forum. I have been a member on the honda s2000 forum for 4 years and have had a few documented projects on there over the years. I took delivery last Sunday evening after Russel drove the 4 hour drive from the westfield factory to my place in west wales. Anyway I have the white supercharged mega s2000 kit car which I have to say has blistering performance and outstanding handling to go with it. I m not sure how to attach pictures yet so will read a bit more or open to someones input as I have a few nice shots of it .

Welcome Greg, great to see the car's on the loose!

Thanks , I must say that lots of members on both s2ki uk and on here reckoned it would be a handful to drive but I must say that westfield suspension set up and additional inboard ARB make it a pleasure to drive on the demanding west wales country roads. I think if it was a turbo then it would be a different story but as it's linear power not a whack of turbo boost it's easy to drive in the twisty small towns here . The only concern I have at moment are the brakes as I went for the AP racing clutch master , 4 pot AP racing front caliper with grooved discs and top spec rear brake with grooved discs also but I have to press really hard is this normal as I never driven a kit car before ? Also are there Passanger foot rest available as my brother s only complaint was he preferred something to push against .Also didn't really introduce myself correctly so I m Greg Davies 37 years young from west wales just 2 miles from cardigan / cardigan bay married with 2 girls 16 and 14 and currently not working due to back injury from car accident none fault so to be honest not the best car to have but when I ordered it this time last year was fine so it's locked up and we will have to see what happens after my back operation next week.

The brakes, like traditional sports cars, have no servo, which is why they feel heavier compared to a modern tin top. The upside of that is that you get much more feel and modulation with them. 

It's a great brake set up in a Westfield, but many do like to experiment with different pad compounds.

I'm not sure how much it's been driven, but if it's got the Ferodo DS2500 pads in the front, (they used to be standard with the AP's), they take a good few (hard) road miles to really settle in and give their best.

• Like 1

Oh and good to see you over here, I think we've spoken a few times over on S2KI forums!

There's a guide to posting pictures here if you've already got photos hosted on line, (Picasa, Photo Bucket etc) then you can skip the first, gallery steps, and link to the existing host.

Welcome Greg.

Good to hear of someone else out here in West Wales - we are few and far between! I'm near Newcastle Emlyn and work not far from you. Mine is an MX5 self-build so not the beast that yours is, but most enjoyable nonetheless.

Good luck with the back op.

Bob

Welcome. Love the car having had a good look at stoneleigh. Is it not for sale on eBay though?

I was talking to Simon Westwood about the car at Stoneleigh nd he said they detuned the car to about 360bhp IIRC.  Just a note on the brakes.  You have heaps of cooling but is it too much for the pads.  A different ball-park but I have 1144 pads because they work OK from cold.  Westfields have their brakes out in the fresh air at the front so cooling might not be the problem it is elsewhere.  The right pads will be out there somewhere if you need a change.

Two other things - I think the bhp/ton of your car is above that of a Caterham 620R  :suspect:  :suspect:

oh and yes, welcome to the club (when you join!)  :)  :)  :)

• Like 1

Hi Greg, from down in SE Essex.     See your car at Stoneleigh Kit car show :white-westy: ,    I'm jealous.     Please go careful in the in the cold wet months.

Passenger foot rests are available usually of the alloy type and are cheap, have a look at Ebay and http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=footrest&osCsid=ni1mgiipafb2biltaoqe8d7jn6&x=12&y=7

Hi bob , I'm in beulah so very close to your place

Yes the car has travelled a bit as I agreed with Simon to show it off in 2 shows one in October last year and the show in stoneleigh . I ve supercharged honda s2000 before this and had a 407whp 2008 plate one 2 years ago so the blistering performance from the superchargers is well known to me, oh and the missus used the S2000 a few times for the school run .

Science of speed supercharger kit which is top mounted with 3 inch pulley (5500 pounds) , aftercooler water pump feed,750cc injectors, front mounted intercooler, AEM v2 drive by wire, 3 inch exhaust system , I had the woodruff keys changed on the cams but not 100% they gained , uprated suspension , hard race engine mounts etc and that's it , the dyno printout I have has 456bhp on a stock honda s2000 engine .